Associate Specialist, Investor Services, HFS (Hybrid)
Associate Specialist, Fund Administration
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services (NTHFS) is a leading provider of middle and back office services to hedge funds and other organizations with complex assets and strategies. NTHFS brings together powerful technology and highly skilled professionals to help our clients handle complexity and execute their strategies. With approximately $100 billion in assets under administration, NTHFS is one of the world’s fastest growing hedge fund administrators in the industry.
Responsible for fund administration activities for Hedge Fund Services clients. The Fund Administration group for HFS is responsible for providing hedge fund clients with monthly NAVs and financials, annual draft financials and annual tax and audit support. Technical expert without management responsibilities, seen as key advisors on business decisions. Consistently displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the rest of the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
- Review of monthly fund and business entity closing summaries.
- Report and analyze financial data to be disseminated to our clients and their investors.
- Close monthly books and records of the funds to general final performance figures.
- Interact with clients and other Hedge Fund Services teams to obtain understanding of funds’ activities.
- Prepare financial statements for funds.
- Work directly with external auditors to ensure accuracy of each fund’s annual financial statements.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function.
- Focus on operational risk and profitability by automating manual processes/calculations and recommending procedures to improve our integration environment and corresponding testing.
- A subject-matter expert on HFS’ proprietary system to answer questions on functionality/capability to assist with business problem solving.
- Work with HFS’ internal shared service teams to resolve accounting-related questions on how transactions should be recorded to ensure the proper accounting treatment.
- Research technical accounting policy questions for complex client transactions or related to new accounting pronouncements and monitor changes to U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Perform discovery due diligence with clients to gather requirements, write the back- and middle-office business requirements and test code releases in both HFS’ integration and production environments.
- Partner with HFS IT’s external vendor on development approach related to new functionality.
- Interact with the client during the discovery and on-boarding phases.
Knowledge / Skills /Experience
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is required / preferred.
- Related Industry qualification (e.g. ACCA) is required / preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. Peoplesoft) is required
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.