Manager/Senior Manager, Group Accounting Policy - EOI
About the Team
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
The Group Financial Reporting and Analysis (FR&A) team provides financial support to the CEO, CFO, Executive Leadership Team and Board. The team’s areas of focus include:
- Accounting policy and advice – specialist accounting advice on transactions and maintenance of accounting policy
- Performance reporting – performance analysis and monthly management reporting
- Planning and forecasting – ownership of the Group’s Planning & Forecasting process, strategic and ad-hoc analysis
- Decision support – strategic projects, insight development and ad-hoc analysis
- Group reporting – consolidation of Group financial results and management of reporting processes for the statutory results
See yourself in our team
We will consider a Manager or Senior Manager for this role.
You will participate in the execution of a high-quality accounting policy function. This includes building pro-active relationships with Group and Business Unit Finance and Risk teams and with external auditors, standard setters, regulators and peers.
Due to the profile of the deliverables within the team, the role provides exposure to the EGM Group Finance, Business Unit CFOs and requires liaison with a number of finance and risk teams.
Key duties will include:
Your responsibilities will be varied, ranging from advising on appropriate application of financial reporting to specific transactions, working with FR&A to deliver high-grade periodic external reporting, and delivering insightful Board reporting based on an in-depth knowledge of the Group’s activities.
- Accounting policy advice on complex or judgmental accounting matters, significant transactions (including acquisitions, disposals) and general issues
- Assessing the impact of new accounting standards and assisting in their implementation for the Group
- Updating Group accounting guidance and delivery of Group Finance board papers
- Working directly with senior management to resolve accounting and regulatory issues within the Group
- Ensuring compliant disclosures for ASX deliverables
- Quality reviews of external documents, including Pillar 3, Annual Report and Profit Announcement
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions that we expect from our people.
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- CA or CPA (3+ years post qualification)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and ability to interact at the Executive management level.
- Accounting policy experience and some regulatory capital experience (Pillar 3 reporting)
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Risk Mindset –All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 02/06/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.