Alpha Platform Management – Business Analyst – Investment Accounting
Who we are looking for
Alpha Platform Management is recruiting candidates to implement middle office investment accounting clients on a modern, event driven, cloud native accounting platform. The successful candidate must be skilled in analyzing complex business workflows across front, middle, and back office operating models, both an insourced and outsourced context. The candidate must demonstrate experience in data analysis, requirements synthesis and other related accounting conversion activities, have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, and have a working understanding portfolio management, trading across a range asset classes.
Why this role is important to us
State Street Alpha, the industry’s first and only Front-to-Back Platform, gives clients access to the complete investment lifecycle with the power of choice. By streamlining and improving their day-to-day operations through a single open platform, clients are free to focus on innovation and growth.
What you will be responsible for
- Define and document functional and non-functional business requirements
- Lead conversion activity including execution of unit and regression test plans, maintenance defect logs, issuance of status reports, documentation of operational policy and procedures and associated workflow
- Deliver concise, meaningful presentations to internal and external audiences, including training of operations and support staff as well as periodic executive management and client communications
- Act as liaison between sales, client services, and technology teams to support product positioning and represent customer demand, market requirements Act as a product champion within the company
Education & preferred qualifications
- Demonstrated experience with financial service system implementations
- Demonstrated experience with investment accounting, corporate action processing, reference and market data integration
- Working understanding of asset management investment lifecycle, including portfolio management, trading and post trade activities
- Require Bachelor’s Degree minimum
- Minimum 8+ years of experience
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.