Emerging Lead - Investor Services
This position is within the Investor Services business unit of the State Street’s Alternative Investment Services Group. And is responsible for processing and quality checking of transactions and updating the registers of our clients in response to investor instructions. This role requires day to day oversight and review of tasks prepared by a client facing team. This role also requires to interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Hence a strong foundation of communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Working on Hedge fund & private equity investor services operations, showing ownership for a group of client assigned, taking initiative to own operations for assigned clients
- Responsible for processing and review of Capital activities (subscription, redemption, transfer, switches, redemption wire payment, expense wire payment, distribution wire payment) and non-financial activities (new investor creation, static data maintenance, statement & contract note distribution, audit confirm, responding to investor / client queries & multiple time bound projects).
- Ability to own investor / client queries (telephonic & email) and timely resolution is absolute requirement – prior experience of handling direct investor / client communication would be preferred
- Able to follow and strictly adhere to pre-established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for preparing standard operating procedure (SOP) and Job aid and conduct periodical reviews to check for updates.
- Account opening and new client On-boarding.
- Maintain established quality/accuracy and timeliness standards with respect to all types of activities.
- Interact with host location and clients and able to resolve all the queries independently.
- Identify discrepancies affecting accounts, make necessary corrections where possible, or route information to the originating area and follows through until corrections are made.
- Respond to internal and external queries, resolving discrepancies related to investor accounts.
- Require to co-ordinate with host location for daily deliverables, should able to work with tight SLA (service level agreement) while maintaining agreed accuracy and timeline.
- Conduct training/refresher for team members and new joiners.
- Able to work within pre-determined deadlines and prioritizing workloads whilst working under pressure.
- In day to day operation, would be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transactional activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Good English, written and oral communication skills.
- Should be able to interact and communicate with Co-workers in a clear, through and concise manner.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Good analytical, numerical and reasoning skills.
- Good understanding of Anti-money laundering is a plus.
- Knowledge of investors’ FATCA and CRS requirement is a plus.
Academy & Experience:
- 4 – 6 years relevant financial services experience in a Transfer Agency or Investor Services domain.
- Knowledge of Hedge fund Transfer Agency will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience of handling direct investor / client communication will be preferred.
- Candidate must have a university degree (accounting, business, mathematics, finance or economics)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.