Financial Accountant, Retail ROI Financial Control
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Group Finance has a Financial Accountant role within the Retail Ireland Division specifically relating to Distribution Channels. This role will report to the Financial Controller Distribution Channels.
The Distribution Channels Financial Control team within Retail Ireland is responsible for the controlling and reporting on the Distribution, Strategy & Operations (DSO) and Business Banking portfolio c €8bn. The outputs of the team are included in externally published information e.g. annual accounts, and for inclusion in financial information to internal stakeholders.
Financial Control work closely with stakeholders across the Group and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities.
Purpose of the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the financial, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements of the Distribution Channels unit are delivered on a timely basis and to a high standard of accuracy. You will also be responsible for implementing process improvement initiatives and other ad hoc activities related to Financial Reporting for Distribution Channels.
- Responsible for key elements of the month end close process, ensuring that underlying processes, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice;
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of statutory workings and disclosure notes, Finrep disclosure notes, ensuring adequate supporting evidence is maintained on file
- Responsible for the delivery of MI as produced by the team (e.g. monthly analytical review and commentaries), ensuring deliverables are complete and accurate
- Flexible team member; sharing knowledge and proactively supporting continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies, while also ensuring the delivery of changes arising
- Responsible for the completion of ad-hoc projects and requests in support of team goals and the Bank's strategic priorities
What is the opportunity?
The role is part of the Retail Ireland Financial Control Distribution Channels team within Group Finance, reporting to the Financial Controller. It is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious financial accountant looking to expand their knowledge and experience of Retail Banking, with a role which supports the key product lines and customer focused delivery of timely reporting of Retail ROI business performance.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in the ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager
- Qualified accountant
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience of delivering quality financial information within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS software, particularly MS excel.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of the SAP general ledger and BCS consolidation systems.
- Experience in financial services.
- Accountable - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Agile - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.