Internal Auditor - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Northern Trust is now recruiting an Auditor to join the Audit Services function to focus on audits of Northern Trust's global Asset Servicing (AS) activities. Based in London, the role is a direct report to an Audit Services Senior Manager in Limerick. The successful applicant will be responsible to conduct assigned internal audit reviews within Northern Trust AS businesses in order to provide assurance on the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the internal control environment and risk management framework, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects. The successful applicant will gain exposure to the many different types of businesses within Northern Trust, and will be provided the opportunity to work with the organization’s senior management and to highlight improvements to company processes and control systems.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
- Assist in determining the audit scope and audit testing approach, in conjunction with the Auditor In Charge and Audit Manager
- Apply analytical skills to review information and determine potential control weaknesses
- Understand and execute test steps to assess the design and operating effectiveness of the control and/or control environment
- Complete and document a high quality summary of findings for review
- Participate in meetings with business units to communicate audit results as well as validating findings with business management
- Apply data analytics methods to facilitate the evaluation of risks and controls
- Supports on issue tracking and validation testing of closure of issues
- Contribute to the further enhancement of the audit services process and provide input to special projects, as assigned
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Northern Trust Audit Methodology and adhere to all applicable Department Standards
The successful candidate will benefit from having
- Previous audit, risk management, regulatory, or funds industry experience would be an advantage but not necessary
- Knowledge of auditing and exposure to control principles as part of related work experience
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Report writing and workpaper documentation skills
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word & MS Excel
- Relevant college/ University qualifications would be desirable or professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) and/or demonstrated technical abilities in select areas (e.g., accounting, regulatory compliance, etc.) would be an advantage but not necessary
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.