Accounts (Business Services) Executive
We are looking for an ambitious qualified or part qualified accountant to join our expanding Corporate and Business Services (CBS) team.
Our CBS team work with Cornwall’s most exciting SMEs. With turnovers up to £10m, you will get to build long standing relationships with your clients and will actively contribute towards the success of their businesses.
You will have the opportunity to work across a range of disciplines including management accounting and strategic advice, financial reporting under both UK and international reporting standards and tax compliance and advisory.
We are a fast growing and ambitious firm who constantly challenge and enable our people to develop. You will work closely with senior members of the CBS team, have access to our training and mentoring programmes and can take part in our CSR and Business Development activities, all advancing your overall career progression.
Full study support will be offered if required and you will be able to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
You would be joining one of the South West’s leading employers ranked as one of the Top 5 Best Accounting Firms to Work For.
We are a Top 30 accountancy and advisory firm, experiencing high growth across the business. You will be joining us at a very exciting time and will immediately contribute to the delivery of our 5-year strategy.
We pride ourselves on our unique culture and values providing both excellent career development and a great place to work.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of management and financial accounts
- Production of VAT and corporation tax returns
- Identifying and delivering advisory services to benefit your clients. This may include areas such as; financial modelling and costing projects, outsourced FC roles, cloud accounting and systems support, technical reports, and corporate and personal tax planning
- Participating in business development activities
- Coaching and developing junior members of the team
There is scope to mould this role to the experience and motivations of the appointed candidate.
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified or Part Qualified (or equivalent)
- Accounts preparation experience gained from within a fast-paced accountancy practice environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at various levels
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
Please contact Ally Allington; Partner if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.