Accounts Payable Internship
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
As an intern in Controllers Core (Accounts Payable Team) you will support the team in their daily tasks such as processing and analyzing firm-related expenses for payment and posting to the general ledger. This position also provides accounting support for various prepaid accounting and reconciliation services. You will work directly with internal customers and external vendors. This position will have the opportunity to work on process improvements and system projects, as well as focusing on streamlining operations among the US and European Accounts Payable teams. The Accounts payable team is a part of a global controllers team that performs many accounting functions in support of a global financial services firm.
If you display a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and attention to detail we can offer you an internship opportunities in the international and collaborative environment with flexible working arrangements (Monday – Friday, between 7:00-18:00).
- Ensuring accuracy of all coding and accounting for payments
- Recording and reconciling inter-company entries
- Researching vendor payment inquiries
- Preparing monthly journal entries
- Amortizing expenses and preparing prepaid schedules
- Setting up monthly accruals associated with vendor bills
- Supporting firmwide global credit card servicing
- Supporting various tax initiatives and other audits/projects
- Prepare processing for Wire Transfers, US Drafts, Foreign Currency Checks, and ACH Payments
- Invoice processing, vendor setup, and daily cash reconciliations
- Strong interest in the area of finance (especially Accounts Payable)
- Student of at least III year of finance and accounting or other related subjects
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Strong English skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Availability for min. 24 hours per week (Monday – Friday, between 7:00-18:00)
- PC proficient, specifically in MS Excel
What we offer?
- Paid internship which lasts 6 months
- Flexible working hours, we adjust to your student’s plan
- Possibility of being hired for permanent positions or take part in second Internship in different department
- Comprehensive onboarding program, training mentoring program and ongoing career development
- Modern office with an entertainment and leisure zone (i.e. ping-pong, billiards, PlayStation, library and massage room)
- Multicultural, dynamic environment (36 nationalities)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.