Project Management, Vice President - Remote
Who we are looking for
We are currently seeking a technology project manager who will be responsible for planning, governance, reporting, and delivery of various technology projects across Derivative and Insurance applications to support new business growth and new functional requirements. The role will align with multiple business groups working within Information Technology and will include visibility across the broader internal technology and business teams. The role is predominately project management related and based in the United States, however there will be analyst opportunities as required.
This role can potentially be performed fully remotely from home within the United States area.
What you will be responsible for
As Project Management, Vice President you will
- Be the primary individual working with the various Program Management Offices and Technology Governance groups that are involved with the Derivatives and Insurance application development teams
- Establish relationships with all stakeholders to help define the initial scope, timeline, resource needs, and costs of the projects and work with management or project organization
- Establish the necessary project governance and engagement based on the project and stakeholders for each initiative
- Be accountable for the ongoing monitoring and reporting of project status, tasks, and other evolving project management reporting demands using the Clarity project management tool
- Identify, mitigate, and where necessary escalate risks and issues accordingly to keep the progress on projects moving forward and management informed of issues needing attention
- Facilitate change management protocols related to scope changes and impacts to timelines/project deliveries with management and stakeholders
- Be available for any application support escalations and for planned weekend release support as needed
- Perform application analysis as directed to resolve impediments and support development
- Perform other project related activities as identified to complete deliverables, reduce risk, and improve the usability of the Derivative Hub or Insurance applications.
- Perform other duties as required
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Superb prioritization and time management skills
- Strong collaborative problem solving skills
- Ability to motivate, influence, and enable
- Agile and Waterfall project delivery expertise
- Knowledge of Clarity Project management tool
- Excellent analytical and research capabilities.
Education & preferred qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 5 years of experience working in a software development environment in a project management or program management role
- 7+ years’ financial services experience; custody, accounting and/or payments and banking experience preferred
- Derivative or Insurance experience a plus
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfill all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.