Operations Lead, State Street Global Advisors, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
State Street Global Advisors Charitable Asset Management (CAM) provides consultative and customized planned gift investment management, tax, and administration solutions for charitable organizations. Established in 1984, Charitable Asset Management is a boutique group within State Street Global Advisors dedicated to serving nonprofit organizations and their donors. Today, our 30 planned gift professionals work with over 200 charities with nearly $3 billion in planned gift assets for more than 34,000 donor/beneficiaries. Our charitable clients include colleges; universities; foundations; private schools; hospitals; and cultural, environmental, and religious organizations.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world’s largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Assistant Vice President you will
- Be a leader on the team and our businesses subject matter expert
- Own strategic initiatives focused on ways to improve operational controls, system(s) enhancements, and process flows.
- Work as a member of a broader team in processing Pooled Income Fund gift. This includes adding gifts, valuing the gifts and processing payments on a quarterly basis.
- Work as a member of a broader team in processing and administration of the gift annuity and trust gift vehicles. This includes new gift setup and any administration changes to existing accounts.
- Work as a member of a broader team in supporting client service by answering and logging any question that are related to the back-office support group (Fidelity Investor Services FIS).
- Work as a member of a broader team in answering client auditor requests.
- Work as a member of a broader team in processing backing up support to the State filing process. This includes running reports and communicating with an outside actuary and bookkeeper.
- Work as a member of a broader team in Gift Analysis reporting for clients.
- Help with check monitoring and processing. This includes processing checks that come in for new gifts and checking the status of any outgoing checks.
- Support the Investment and Tax teams within Charitable Asset management group. This general support includes answering any questions or concerns and bringing up to Wealth Management Services if needed.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Decision-making skills
- Planning skills
Education & preferred qualifications
- Bachelors degree with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, and/or Information Systems
- 10+ years of experience in financial services industry
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Great Teammate!
- Organized and attention to details
- Multi-Task Capabilities
- Strong Communication Skills
- PG Calc’s Gift Wrap
- SunGard’s Global Plus
- State Street’s Aviva/MCH
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfill all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.