Investor Services Administrator - FATCA
An Investor Services FATCA Administrator will be required to execute the following tasks in the Investor Services Department. They shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a supervisor and manager. Every Investor Services FATCA Administrator will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training is provided by the supervisor and manager within the team.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee. As such the successful candidate should be flexible and willing to adapt.
The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure and client requirements.
- Responsible for assisting the Investor Services department with daily and monthly functions surrounding FATCA and CRS
- Complete the FATCA and CRS Account Review, to identify reportable accounts, including searching for indicia via electronic and paper search
- Review and validate investor tax withholding certificates and self-certification forms, investigate rejections and advise of any outstanding curative documents that may be required in accordance with FATCA and CRS
- Assist with preparation of annual regulatory reporting
- Produce client reporting – quarterly and ad-hoc as required
- Ensure all FATCA and CRS procedures and controls are completed accurately and to specified deadlines
- Ensure timely resolution of queries
- Training and mentoring of new employees
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental FATCA and CRS procedures and processes
- Work on projects/ad-hoc tasks as required
- Participate in regular team meetings
- Establish good working relationship with other HedgeServ departments
- Establish good working relationship with other HedgeServ departments.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree
- Minimum 2.2 honours degree
- Minimum one year’s FATCA & CRS experience
The successful candidate:
- Should be flexible in terms of their approach and work ethic
- Should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should be self-motivated and have the ability to work on their own as well as part of a team
- Should be IT Literate
- Should have strong verbal and written communication skills