Audit Data Analytics Assistant Manager
About the role
There has never been a more exciting time to pursue a career in Data Analytics within Audit at RSM. The service line is growing rapidly, and with that growth comes an opportunity to use your auditing knowledge as a springboard into a data analytic role with the leader of the middle market. This is a transitioning role as we anticipate that applicants will currently be full time in front line audit but are wanting to transition to a data analytics role.
The future of audit will include significant use of analytics and key to this will be the understanding of data flows within audit clients. As a member of the Audit Data Analytics team you will play an important role in driving the transformation forward. The role also incorporates, if you wish, the time and funding to study for a MSc based on data science and analytics.
We have a diverse client base, spanning a wide range of industries and sectors. If you have a passion for data and analytics as well as ambition and you would like to build upon your existing skills and experience whilst fulfilling a very different role, we would love to hear from you.
About the company and department
RSM UK is part of the international RSM network, RSM UK has over 3500 staff based in 33 offices across the UK. We are the 7th largest accountancy and business advisory firm nationally and the 6th largest internationally.
Audit is our largest service line nationally, and we are growing! We provide comprehensive Audit services to clients ranging from OMBs, through to large listed PLCs. We believe that it is important for our people to have experience across a range of industries and sectors, so we do not typically have individuals in our teams working on only one type of client.
RSM has a culture of transparency and supportiveness, we remain people focused, and we care about your development. Within Audit, we promote from within wherever possible, we listen to your career goals and aspirations and we will support you in your short-term and long-term goals.
Do you have a good grounding in audit but with a passion for analysis and systems? Do you want to work in the area that is key to the future for auditing? Do you enjoy variety, and to be challenged? Do you want to progress your career in a specialist direction in a firm that sees data analysis as key for the future of auditing? Would you like to obtain a higher qualification? Our culture is our greatest strength, and as an Assistant Manager at RSM we will support your development in the skills required to continue to progress in your career.
About the job
In this role, you will build on your audit knowledge to move to the specialist area of Audit Data Analytics.
For a short period you will start work on front line audit to gain an understanding of our methodology and processes. This will involve liaising with the data analytics team on how the various tools and techniques can be applied within an audit. Within a few months you will transfer to a full time data analytic role in a firm that sees the future of audit being strongly aligned to data analytics solutions. To help you we have:
- Extensive internal training program in data tools and in personal development directed by a specialist team
- The opportunity to study for an MSc with data topics at the core
- Involvement in cross service line development and/or testing of new solutions and tools
- Regular provision and discussion of feedback to assist in progression
- Internal office and regional team events
Key responsibilities include;
- Using the firms data analytic tools to assist the teams deliver effective and efficient audits
- Ensure assurance quality is embedded into the data driven solutions you develop and that they are in compliance with the firm’s procedures
- You will use your newly acquired skills to brief and assist the principal and manager on assignments regarding the possibilities of analytics, and liaise with the teams and client staff regarding the extraction and validation of data for audit
- In time you will assist directors and partners with business development opportunities including participation in scoping and pitching
- Participate in assessing and piloting of new data tools
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified
- Proven Audit experience in producing high quality audits
- A real interest in what analytics can bring to the audit process
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.