RFP Writer, Officer - Hybrid
Who we are looking for
State Street’s Request for Proposal (RFP) team is in search of a Proposal Manager to play an integral role in business development and client service efforts through the completion of RFP, RFI, and due diligence requests. The RFP Writer will project manage the completion of questionnaires, specializing in editing and writing compelling responses, while also contributing to the completion of other projects and requests. In this position, the Proposal Manager will be expected to be able to work directly and effectively with the firm’s Deal Leads and content owners to write and maintain (keep updated) original and technical product-specific content and, importantly, to be able to effectively customize that content for specific sales situations as needed. Projects will be both new business development and client servicing-related and include both standard and customized RFPs, Onboarding Questionnaires, and client Due Diligence Questionnaires.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship — for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer — across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an Officer you will
- Project management of detailed client proposals, due diligence questionnaires and consultant questionnaires related to asset servicing products, including amongst others; global custody, accounting, administration, risk, performance, compliance, client servicing, technology and reporting.
- Primary focus will be on customizing and ensuring that the RFPs which are deemed transformative, high strategic and value add are positioned to highlight the company’s commitment to the clients’ services and needs.
- Manage the response process from kick-off meeting to dispatch of final response documents, ensuring milestones and deadlines are met
- Maintain consistent product messaging and updated product language in responses.
- Leverage writing expertise to work with Deal leads and content owners/ SMEs to ensure accurate, consistent and compelling content. Ensure that the competitive advantages of the company and our products come across strongly in RFPs.
- Customize RFP responses to reflect a nuanced and targeted response to the specific sales opportunity.
- Assist the Content Management Team in the on-going enhancement and maintenance of the RFP database of responses (Qvidian), as needed.
- Ensure adherence to the formal RFP production, back-up and review process within the given client deadline.
- Handle follow-up work associated with RFPs moving to the next phase: coordinating answers, additional information, etc.
- Oversee production of final proposals (formatting, technical editing and reproduction).
- Field ad-hoc questions from associates, advisors, and RFP generalists daily as needed.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management and organizational skills; able to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks to ensure that complex projects are completed by deadline, with interim review steps incorporated strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a large global organization.
- Demonstrated initiative and good judgment as well as the ability to work well under pressure and with time constraints.
- Interest in and ability to interact directly and effectively with Deal Leads, relationship managers and subject matter experts.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft Office, especially Word, and possess the ability to quickly learn internal systems and applications. Prior experience with RFP workflow (preferably Qvidian) is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism
Education & preferred qualifications
- College education required.
- 4-7 years of RFP and industry experience preferred. Direct experience creating technical, strategy-focused RFP content is a significant plus.
- Knowledge of the financial services markets and products.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfill all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.