Alpha Portfolio Services Analyst, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
The State Street Alpha Portfolio Services team is comprised of Account Services, Cash Admin, Client Reporting, Data Management, Enterprise Business Solutions, Front Office Data Control, Front Office Support, Onboarding / Operational Readiness, Portfolio Control and SSGA Portfolio Admin functions. The teams are based in multiple locations across the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland and India. They are also supported by global counterparts in other regions across APAC and North America.
Alpha Portfolio Services is increasing its talent to support new client onboarding onto our Front-to-Back, Investment Platform – Alpha; and has a number of exciting opportunities for motivated individuals. These are new roles, expanding teams in Cash Admin, Enterprise Business Solutions, Front Office Data Control, Front Office Support and Portfolio Control functions, creating opportunities for development and growth in the future.
Alpha Portfolio Services is developing a skilled team of Alpha professionals capable of both supporting the day to day operations of existing clients and assisting the implementation for new clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
Successful applicants may perform a combination of the following:
Front Office Services
Front Office Data Control
- Ensure position and transaction data in Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS), State Street’s front office platform and IBOR recordkeeping systems are aligned.
- Acting as primary support for clients using CRIMS.
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to correct CRIMS and IBOR.
Middle Office Services
- Responsible for daily delivery of cash projections, overdraft and stale balance reports to Fund Managers to enable them to closely monitor their accounts cash levels
- Client query support on complex data issues across Middle Office systems including use of SQL queries for researching issues and tracking data.
- Subject matter experts in the IBOR record keeping system, provide support for client operations teams with any operational client queries.
In addition, individuals will be expected to:
- Interact with all Middle Office teams (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
- Build cooperative and professional internal/ external relationships achieving group and client goals, utilizing all available resources throughout Global delivery.
- Interact with clients in a service oriented manner in particular in client implementations as well as business as usual.
- Participate in projects as required
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Industry relevant exams supported.
Authorisation and Escalation:
The functionally specific VP/AVP/Officer Information Services UK may delegate responsibility for functional processes to the respective Senior Associate, Associate 1 or 2 within Information Services UK, Business Operations EMEA in order to complete all daily tasks.
What we value
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good time management, organizational skills and a collaborative approach.
- Strong communication skills to audiences of different levels of seniority.
- SQL, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- Other: Flexible working hours may be required.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree and minimum 2 years asset management operational experience.
- Industry relevant qualifications, e.g. IMC, CFA.
- Knowledge of order management systems, ideally CRD but not a must-have.
- Limited weekend work may be required for deployment testing, typically shared amongst the team and occasional travel.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.