SEA Audit CoE - Technical Assistant Manager
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talent like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
Work you’ll do
The Deloitte SEA A&A Centre of Excellence (CoE) contributes to Deloitte Southeast Asia’s services and the execution of strategy in a commercial, sustainable and consistent manner. The framework is simple and agile, performing centralised functions to improve consistency on audit quality. Being part of the Centre of Excellence team based in Kuala Lumpur, you will have a variety of assignments and opportunities to work with people across Deloitte Audit’s practice offices in Southeast Asia.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Perform research in technical accounting areas, update and maintain technical resources database.
- Providing support for queries and issues in relation to technical accounting function.
- Assisting to support the audit quality system & processes, performing centralised tasks and operating procedures. Such tasks may include monitoring process work flows and enhancements.
- Assisting to prepare information analysis and summary for management, updating and maintaining related Technical databases.
- Providing team assistance for planning, execution and delivering projects.
- Any other duties/projects as assigned from time to time.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
- At least 3-4 years of audit and assurance experience in a professional services environment.
- Hold or has completed a professional qualification by one of the recognised accountancy bodies.
- Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and international auditing standards.
- Good analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively to assist audit staff to resolve issues
- Good team player and self-motivated individual with ability to work within a team (both local and virtual) as well as work independently with some supervision when required.
- Good communication, interpersonal and/or facilitation skills.
- English language spoken and written proficiency.
- Some experience in audit quality processes, risk management and/or learning is beneficial but not mandatory.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.