Manager - IIDA
Ideas | People | Trust
BDO, an accountancy and business advisory firm, provides the advice and solutions that businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our International Institutions and Donor Assurance (IIDA) team works closely with global clients such as UN agencies, the European Commission, Foundations and other Development Agencies, particularly those involved in international development. IIDA provides assurance services, including financial and systems audits, certifications, internal control assessments, technical assistance, and consultancy services to international institutions
Over the past 30 years, our talented, diverse, and multi-lingual team, which includes both graduates and experienced specialists, has established itself as global leader in their field, across a range of disciplines. Our team applies their skills, knowledge, and ambition to a variety of challenges with a genuine passion.
Leading meetings with clients and beneficiaries (virtually and in person), coordinate and lead audit teams, write and review audit reports. Represent IIDA and BDO in person before multiple stakeholders which can include multiple international development agencies and partners. You may be required to perform international travel dependent on travel restrictions and the requirements of the assignments. Acquire knowledge of the development sector and the activities of the international donor community. Contribute to the success of our clients and to the development of beneficiaries, while working as part of a multicultural and multilingual team in the heart of vibrant London.
The role of audit manager is both challenging and rewarding and offers travel experiences that very few other roles can match. In the role, you will:
- Assist in the management of global framework contracts.
- Prepare audit plans based on a full understanding of the terms of reference and the applicable grant contractual conditions.
- Lead opening meetings with clients and auditees and clearly present audit findings at closing meetings.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify issues and areas of non-compliance on an assignment and write a detailed, precise, and clear assignment report.
- Lead assignments in various countries (both in-country and remotely) acting as the client focal point.
- Coordinate in-country audit teams performing fieldwork, ensuring regular management oversight of the work being conducted.
- Perform reviews of audit reports and manage the timely delivery of reports to clients.
- Participate in writing bids/proposals.
- Be able to manage time effectively.
Key Role Requirements
- Demonstrable professional audit experience.
- A genuine interest in international development and working in a multi-cultural context.
- An ability to communicate in a professional, constructive, and respectful manner.
Additional Desired Requirements
- A professional accountancy qualification (DEC / ACA / ACCA or equivalent);
- A love of international travel (travel can include, but not be limited to, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East).
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
28 days’ holiday;
- use of up to 10 citizenship days per year as part of BDOs Citizenship Strategy (e.g. volunteering);
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
- That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.