Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Indirect Tax - VAT Manager - Dubai
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
Our team helps our clients optimise cash flow and reduce risk by managing challenges related to indirect taxes. You’ll support our clients with all aspects of indirect taxation related to global, regional and domestic projects as well as comprehensive restructuring and reporting value added tax projects.
- 4-5 years experience in VAT with a reputable tax consultancy firm (preferably Big4)
- Specialized with VAT consultation and compliance related to TMT and e-commerce sectors
- EU VAT experience is a must
- As a VAT Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for driving the Technology, Media and Telecom (“TMT”) and e-commerce sectors with a focus on clients operating in both the UAE and the GCC from both an advisory and compliance perspective.
- A thorough understanding of the electronically supplied service rules, preferably with EU experience, and keeping abreast of the constant evolving legislative changes to electronically supplied services globally.
- UAE representative for the monthly PwC Digital business development calls highlighting changes to electronic services in the GCC and identifying new opportunities based on the changes being implemented globally.
- Driving business development to identify opportunities, both independently and across other lines of services, to have conversations and win work with new and existing clients operating in the TMT space.
- Be the UAE point of contact for inbound referrals from overseas PwC offices, building your network within the PwC firm.
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and Partners.
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients.
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients.
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team.
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria.
- Train, coach, and supervise team members.
TMT and e-commerce specialist / EU experience requiredTravel Requirements
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.