Internal Audit Senior Manager - Risk Advisory Services - Glasgow
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be a Senior Manager in our Risk and Advisory Services (RAS) team managing multiple risk management and internal audit teams and assignments of high complexity and variety in line with BDO’s defined methodologies. You’ll also support Directors and Partners with work, build excellent client relationships, assist with the stream’s strategy and drive marketing and business development projects. The primary focus of this role will be management of a portfolio of clients across different sectors and business development across the North of England. You’ll also:
- Deliver risk management, corporate governance and internal audit assignments which may involve benchmarking systems and processes, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Co-determine with the Partner/Director an audit strategy and risk assessment that will enable profit and the delivery of a value proposition.
- Identifies risks on client engagements to the firm
- Review assignment files and reports, including assessment of the appropriateness of the recommendation.
- Responsible for the planning and scheduling of individual assignments, undertake staff scheduling, ensuring that you have the ‘best’ team for the client.
- Manage the billing and collection in respect of each client in their portfolio.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACA, ACCA, MIIA or CCAB qualified and relevant experience of risk management, internal audit and systems/controls testing.
- Educated up to degree level.
- Previous experience of managing people
- Commercial sector experience appropriate to BDO clients.
- Awareness of compliance, legislative and market issues relevant to client businesses.
- IT assurance experience
- Third party attestation services experience (for example SOx Controls, ISAE3402 etc.)
- Project management experience
- Full driving licence and own car is preferable - flexibility to travel on a regular basis locally with potential for wider travel if required.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- cash allowance
- private medical
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.