Management Accountant 6 Month FTC
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working with every department at BDO, our Finance team helps us meet relevant legal requirements that ensure our firm operates effectively in a tightly-regulated field. They implement strategies that help us innovate – like combining new technology with traditional financial processes to make us even more digital. As part of this friendly team, you’ll enjoy flexible hours and have opportunities to take responsibility for the delivery of quality work. With your colleagues behind you, you’ll embrace change, new ideas and have an impact on the future of our firm.
We’ll help you succeed
The purpose of this role is to assist with the monthly Management Accounts process and other ad-hoc financial reporting. You will:
- Assist in the running and ensure timely distribution of scheduled financial reports, including management information reports for the business.
- Run Monthly Costs Analysis Reports & GL drill down reports for Strategic Business Units and Practice Management Departments.
- Be responsible for Fixed asset register and monthly reconciliations.
- Ensure all accruals are accurately recorded.
- Reconcile key GL accounts including the WIP and debt control and client accounts.
- Regular monitoring of the WIP Expense control account and correcting errors.
- Respond to SBU queries on variances and create journals/amendments prior to month end.
- Handle and resolve complex management accounts queries.
- Review and post WIP transfers, recharges and other GL mis-postings.
- Assist in the implementation of key financial and reporting processes where necessary.
- Establish, maintain and post month end journals.
- Document processes and reports.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Proven experience in a similar accounts function
- Analytical and numerical ability – able to analyse and interpret data
- Excellent planning and organising skills – able to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Able to prioritise own workload to meet business needs
- Attention to detail when producing data, reports, or other analysis.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. You can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.