Service Charge Accounting Manager - Business Services & Outsourcing - Bristol
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
The manager will have overall responsibility for the delivery of high quality independent reviews of annual service charge expenditure for a specific client. They will manage a dedicated team and supervise the process to ensure that our work is efficient, completed within the KPI’s, and our offering is tailor-made to suit the client’s needs. The manager will be a point of escalation both internally & for the client, and will confidently deal with difficult situations. They will report into the Director and Partner team, providing and implementing solutions where required. The manager will be actively involved in business development, and should actively seek opportunities to grow the business.
- Managing the project for a specific service charge client, which includes:
- determining resource requirements
- monitoring progress against KPI’s and project plans
- budget setting and reviewing performance monthly
- resolving all project issues prior to Director and Partner review
- Managing multiple deadlines, demonstrating flexibility, and prioritising tasks to ensure client deadlines are met on high volume assignments
- Exercising sound judgement and professional scepticism in reviewing service charge expenditure, assuming responsibility for all aspects of file completion
- Reviewing the work of junior team members and providing feedback
- Managing the overall dedicated team on a day-to-day basis
- Acting as a major point of contact for the client together with the Director / Partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients
- Leading client meetings
- Building strong and sustainable client relationships, especially at senior management level
- Overseeing financial management of the project, including monitoring billing, reviewing performance against budget, performing monthly write-offs and revenue releases
- Ensuring that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to and high quality documents are delivered
- Keeping up to date with industry developments including technical guidance
- Sharing knowledge within the team and facilitating research and personal development
- Bringing new project and business opportunities to the attention of Senior Management
- Acting as an ambassador of the firm, participating in marketing events, keeping abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggesting innovative products and services
- Having a good understanding of the GO/SCA strategy, both long and short term, and cascading this within the team
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Experience working in an accountancy practice or other financial environment
- Experience managing junior staff
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Experience providing assurance services desirable but not essential
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
We can provide the best support for our clients and people when we’re working side by side. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for our clients and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,500 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.