Senior European Product Manager, State Street Global Advisors, VP
Who we are looking for:
State Street Global Advisors manages and is a promoter of around 350 European funds in multiple domiciles (Luxembourg, UK, Ireland and France). The EMEA Funds Management team is responsible for handling all processes related to fund governance; including coordination of board meetings and offering documents (prospectus, KIIDs, KIDs). We also oversee the fund financial statement preparation process and audits thereof.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us:
You will be responsible for contributing to all fund processes and governance related tasks relating to Irish fund ranges.
Your scope of responsibilities will include product management support, owning and maintaining all fund documentation, co-ordination of and attendance at board meetings and working collaboratively with the Product Development team as we launch new products and initiatives. You will need to have an understanding of the impact of regulatory change on the funds and the amendments to be implemented as a result.
You will also assist with the identification of strategic opportunities to enhance all funds, processes and data management to better meet the needs of our clients and to increase our Company’s profitability whilst minimising risks.
We promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
What you will be responsible for:
As Senior European Product Manager you will
- Provide product range management for various European corporate funds with effective ManCo engagement.
- Coordinate iNEDs communications for corporate boards, supporting their queries and coordinating communications with the Firm and ManCo..
- Manage relationship with the external co sec in developing board agenda, board meetings, follow-up items and board minutes.
- Facilitate interactions with internal stakeholders on governance related queries e.g. board approval availability/ scheduling. Also supporting queries on fund expenses.
- Maintain, review and update appropriate procedures and policies.
- Manage regulatory inquiries
- Be a key stakeholder in fund disclosures, financial reporting and adminstration
- Support appropriate teams with resolution of operational issues.
- Co-ordinating board approval for the launch of new funds and share classes; changes to sec lending and cash sweep programmes as required; closure/merger of unnecessary funds and share classes.
- Stay abreast of market developments and best practice standards
- Manage regulatory change with respect product structure and reporting
- Ensure timely execution of all BAU processes with a focus on minimising enterprise risk.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Sensitivity to pan-European complexities and dependencies
- You will need a high level of initiative and ownership
- Attention to detail
- Numeracy skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- You should have a university degree + min 10 years relevant experience in fund / product management or development
- Project management ability
- You will have experience with management of funds domiciled in the EU
- Confirmed knowledge of European fund regulation (e.g. UCITS V, AIFMD)
- A sound understanding of the pan-European asset management industry and solutions required by asset owners and intermediaries
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors:
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.