Corporate Tax Manager
About the firm and department:
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. With around 3,650 partners and staff in the UK and access to 51,000 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate and offer our staff brilliant and fulfilling careers.
Our National Corporate Tax Service Line works with clients across a broad range of business types and sectors, from owner-managed businesses and middle market organisations to large multinational groups. We manage their tax affairs on the compliance side whilst also acting as expert advisors when planning matters arise. The latter includes, but is not exclusive to, due diligence, transactions and restructuring, as well as innovation reliefs. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. Discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking!
About the role:
As a result of sustained success and continued growth, we are investing in the Belfast Corporate Tax Team, where you will collaboratively work within RSM’s national and international network of tax professionals.
The purpose of the role is to manage a diverse portfolio of OMBs and multi-national corporate clients with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities. The role will involve managing the delivery of compliance whilst working on a variety of advisory projects and technical assignments. In addition, as a Corporate Tax Manager you will play an active role in business development opportunities, proposals and networking events, making a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the office and firm.
- Be the main point of contact on portfolio allocation and respond quickly to clients.
- Managing relationships and acting as the main point of contact for clients.
- Liaising with the client throughout the year, practising the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- Ensuring the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements and managing compliance work efficiently.
- Identifying and advising on tax planning opportunities and undertaking specialist technical assignments as required.
- Managing assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirming arrangements with the client, including likely costs, billing arrangements and ensuring the work meets targeted recovery.
- Researching and supporting the preparation of proposals for new work and taking part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
- Being actively involved in business development activities and client seminars, with effective follow up.
Ensuring appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments and all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- Developing a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services and undertaking special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- Maintaining an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and fulfilling professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- Acting as a line manager for staff, including taking an active role in their development including “on the job” training where necessary and appraisals.
- Briefing junior staff on clients and pre-assignment instructions, as well as supervising and controlling the completion of work.
- Attending staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintaining an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carrying out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner.
About the ideal candidate:
This role will suit someone who is looking for an environment where they will have opportunity to accelerate their knowledge and skills in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team, working with lots of fantastic clients along the way. You will have solid corporate tax experience and effective team leadership skills, with an interest in and/or aptitude for business development. Opportunities for progression are open for the right candidate with excellent support for training and development needs.
- Good standard of education, particularly in Maths and English.
- CTA / ATII qualified or equivalent, along with an accounting qualification such as ACA or ACCA.
- International tax experience will enhance an application.
- Proven experience in client handling and project management.
- Proven tax experience in producing high quality work within budget.
- Tax experience from a practice background is essential.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
Flexible working at RSM:
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and inclusion at RSM:
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.