Business Restructuring Associate Director - Midlands
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be a Senior Manager or Associate Director providing senior leadership to the team, including proactively managing larger and more complex client engagements, as well as being responsible for guiding junior team members.
Alongside this you will continue to develop your existing relevant technical and accountancy knowledge through on-the-job experience and a variety of training opportunities. In addition, there are a range of opportunities to become involved in business development initiatives.
This role is responsible to a designated director or partner on specific cases and ultimately to a dedicated people manager.
The Business Restructuring team works on a wide variety of dynamic projects and the candidate will receive exposure to a large number of assignments across both the insolvency and advisory teams. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for a constant variety of unique challenges.
- The role requires strong financial analysis skills with the successful candidate able to identify and investigate key issues in a restructuring scenario, challenging information provided where appropriate. Excellent excel skills and an ability to undertake accurate and relevant analysis and interrogate financial models are essential.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing Independent Business Reviews and other written output for director/ partner review and therefore the ability to produce high quality documents/ presentations that are capable of meeting stakeholder expectation with minimal senior input is also required.
- In addition, the successful candidate will be able to quickly build up a strong rapport with management in often difficult and highly pressured circumstances.
- The role will provide an opportunity to work with an experienced partner-led team with exposure to a wide range of assignments and industries.
- The role requires an understanding of corporate insolvency procedures from start to finish, with a particular emphasis on Administrations, including pre-pack transactions. In addition, the successful candidate should also have a good understanding of Company Voluntary Arrangements, a strong awareness of the Corporate Governance and Insolvency Act 2020 and general technical/legal updates in the industry as well as experience of contingency planning and options reviews.
- The successful candidate will also have good analytical skills and understand the key areas of compliance and risk, as well as have the ability to produce written reports to a high standard, ready for director or partner review. Knowledge of IPS and strong Excel and Powerpoint skills will also be key.
- The role will require the individual to proactively progress an insolvency caseload, reporting to and working directly with senior colleagues, as well as managing junior staff.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Assume day to day responsibility for a range of projects or distinct elements of larger projects across all stages
- Support senior members of the team to deliver on complex assignments, as well as guide junior colleagues
- Review, compile and robustly analyse company information
- Undertake financial analysis and prepare financial models
- Maintain a thorough understanding of statutory and compliance processes and deadlines
- Strong awareness of relevant risk issues and mitigants
- Escalate appropriate risk matters to senior staff quickly (with supporting information)
- Attend meetings with a range of stakeholders
- Liaise with other relevant professional advisers and other stakeholders
- Assist in the sale of businesses/ assets
- Deal with correspondence effectively and efficiently
- Undertake high level investigations
- Be involved in the marketing of the firm's services to potential clients and work providers
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities as delegated
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Hold a relevant professional qualification (ICAEW/ ACCA), with an appropriate amount of advisory and/ or insolvency experience
- An insolvency qualification is desirable, but not essential
- Up to date understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and IPS
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- Good organisational skills to manage your time and ensure no tasks are overlooked
- Have a willingness to learn new things and thrive on new challenges
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- discretional bonus;
- private medical insurance;
- cash benefits allowance;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off dining and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates, but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.