Manager - Transaction Strategy & Execution - TSE Strategy & Transactions - EY Parthenon
Manager – Transaction Strategy & Execution – TSE
Strategy & Transactions – EY Parthenon
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY’s market leading Transaction Strategy and Execution (TSE) team provides IT & Operations advice to corporate and private equity firms who intend to acquire, divest or restructure businesses. The team comprises advisors with specialist commercial, operations, IT and deal / transaction experience from industry, advisory and audit backgrounds.
Who are Transaction Strategy & Execution?
At a time when the global business environment holds increasingly complex strategic challenges, we know that how organisations manage their capital agenda today will define their competitive position tomorrow. You will have the opportunity to work on global and high profile engagements as part of a market leading team, combined with significant development opportunities to step up and take early responsibility. Our projects are typically complex, integrated assignments that involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers, you'll work with the world’s largest organisations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the biggest and most complex cross-border engagements in the global market.
Our Transaction Strategy & Execution (TSE) team is a specialist service dedicated to guiding our clients through the Operational and IT challenges throughout the transaction lifecycle. We have a market-leading proposition to create and maximise value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring. We work on the most complex and high profile transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in IT and Operations who are serial transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients. As a team, we prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people.
Your key responsibilities
- Advise senior clients across all sectors, supporting key decision-makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions.
- Provide dedicated support to different types of engagements, including pre-deal (e.g. operational and IT due diligence, carve-out planning), and post-deal (e.g. integration planning, synergy tracking).
- Lead blended project teams comprising colleagues from our strategy and transactions practices as well as leading meetings with client stakeholders to advise, shape, and drive the planning for integration, carve-out / separation, and operational restructuring
- Contribute to the management of complex engagements, including commercials, resourcing, and risk.
- Support the development and growth of our business, and actively engage with the delivery of pitches and presentations to senior clients.
- Act as a role model and support the development of team members, coupled with the recruitment and training responsibilities.
- Adopt a flexible approach to support broader Operational and IT transaction work
- Development and understanding of Transitional Services Agreements
Skills and Attributes for success
- Good team player, adept at building strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in delivering high-quality reports and presentations.
- Experience in leading large, complex, global delivery programmes.
- Strong team leadership skills, particularly teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, coupled with the ability to manage and develop juniors.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be familiar working in a large-scale consulting environment or industry role where you can demonstrate the ability to perform and summarise analysis into management insights and recommended actions at a pace
- Flexibility - Be flexible to support broader IT & Operational transaction work
To qualify for the role you must have
As a Manager in Transaction Strategy & Execution you will require knowledge and experience of one or more of the following:
- Relevant degrees and certifications (ACA, ACCA, MBA, CIMA, CFA) are a plus
- Professional services / consulting: from a management consultancy, corporate finance firm, or as an 'internal consultant' in a corporate environment
- Transactions lifecycle: ideally with a focus on pre-deal operational due diligence, carve-outs including stand-alone costing, integrations experience, and operating model design
- Programme Management: Experience in large-scale transformation programmes, delivering projects to time, cost, and quality
- Experience of one or more core operational functions (e.g. procurement, finance, HR)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Analytically strong, with the ability to link operational analysis to financial statements, and understand the implications of findings to client strategy. Ideally, you will have an accounting qualification, or at least a sound grasp of financial accounting, combined with a high level of business awareness and a strong understanding of the factors that drive financial performance
- Experience in delivering high-quality reports and presentations.
- Strong team participation skills, particularly teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, coupled with the ability to coach and mentor juniors.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- Professionalism and consistency in approach to client work, internal business and practice development projects
- Be responsible for fostering an open and inclusive work environment
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful transaction team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly over a number of client deals.
About EY Parthenon
EY-Parthenon teams work with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, EY-Parthenon teams focus on Strategy Realized — helping CEOs design and deliver strategies to better manage challenges while maximizing opportunities as they look to transform their businesses. From idea to implementation, EY-Parthenon teams help organizations to build a better working world by fostering long-term value. EY-Parthenon is a brand under which a number of EY member firms across the globe provide strategy consulting services. For more information, please visit ey.com/parthenon.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers, and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching, and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.