R and A Fin. Acct and Contrl. Analyst
The role of the Analyst is to ensure that group & local statutory reporting activities are delivered in an accurate and timely manner. The Analyst is responsible for closing activities and financial analysis which includes verifying financial data, making appropriate adjustments if needed, and provide financial analysis to facilitate and support business decision.
- Support month end & quarter closing activities i.e. General Ledger close including preparation of manual journals, reasonableness review and disclosures
- Preparation of Group or/and Statutory Financial Statements (together with collection of Local Statutory Reporting deliverables and Supplementary info for entities in scope).
- Preparation of supporting analysis, statistical/government reporting, review meetings
- Ensure key datelines are met for Group, internal reporting & local statutory reporting
- Collaboration with business stakeholders & FO counterparts where needed
- Delivery of KPI metrics for R&A FAC.
- Ensure compliance & operating effectiveness of controls.
- Analyze key accounts in Balance Sheet (Blackline) to ensure balances are appropriately reconciled, validated and properly supported.
- Participate and support in statutory reporting & internal assurance activities
- Identify and develop Continuous Improvement opportunities and sharing of knowledge/learning among team members.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or Professional Qualifications with 3-5 years related working experience.
- Experience in handling end to end audit/local statutory reporting is an added advantage
- Proficiency in financial accounting practices and IFRS standards
- Good analytical skills, meticulous and able to work independently & prioritize well.
- Results oriented, fast paced, resourceful and proactive.
- Resilient and able to deliver under pressure
- Good Microsoft Application skills (esp. Excel)
- Knowledge in GSAP and PowerPlan as well as experience in external auditing will be an advantage
- Language: Read, write & converse in Mandarin (compulsory)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.