Sr BI Analyst
Accountable for delivery of key finance processes. FO drives value by delivering end-to-end operational excellence, capturing the integration value of being part of Shell and matching the operational performance of the best external providers. Delivery is driven through a strong performance culture focused on business/process outcomes, at a sustainable cost level.
- This role will drive reporting analytics and data analysis for one or more of Shell’s Mobility (Retail) business teams
- The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering commercial value and insights through Retail Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- Ideal candidate will work on:
- Engaging the stakeholders to understand the business problem and gather requirements
- Data extraction and reporting using different tools and techniques like Alteryx, SQL
- Generate insights from the data and effective story boarding.
- Ability to identify and suggest key performance indicators for the stakeholders.
- Responsible for maintaining the reporting requirements
- Regularly interact with stakeholders/business owners and present actionable insights from the dashboards.
- Candidate should be able to ask the right questions, ability to move from data to insight to action, break down strategic & operational questions from different Retail teams and structurally answer them with data driven insights
- Should have intensive experience in Business Intelligence – creating dashboards, providing business performance insights, and storyboarding the outcome.
- Incumbent is responsible for working on a range of technologies and tools collaborating directly with the Retail stakeholders & other partners
Skills - industry / Functional expertise
- Provide deep business expertise in Retail/CPG businesses:
- Category Analytics: Range reviews, Assortment planning, identifying trends and patterns in category performance, new product launches
- Marketing and Promotion Analytics: Campaign design and promo effectiveness testing
- Store Analytics: Leverage data and visualization to create actionable insights for on ground store teams, territory, and district managers
- Should have strong story telling skills: Ability to explain complex data and models to business teams
- Proficiency Level: Intermediate
Stakeholder engagement skills
- Working collaboratively across multiple sets of stakeholders – business SMEs, IT, Data teams, Analytics resources to deliver on project deliverables and tasks
- Identify actionable insights that directly address Retail Team’s challenges / opportunities
- Articulate business insights and recommendations to respective stakeholders
- Understanding business KPI's, frameworks and drivers for performance
- Proficiency Level: Mastery
- Strong experience in specialized analytics tools and technologies (including, but not limited to)
- Azure Databricks/Alteryx/SQL
- Power BI, Spotfire or other visualization tools
- Reporting skills: Data collection, Data cleaning, Data Quality Analysis, Exploratory data analysis, Reporting Automation, Uni variate analysis, Bi-variate analysis, Data visualization, Dashboard maintenance and leverage various reporting tools
- Assess data availability and reporting feasibility
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.