Tax & Legal Services - Financial Accounting Service - Senior Associate - Cairo
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Financial Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team provides our clients with customised accounting services based on their in house needs and current International Financial Reporting Standards (International Financial Reporting Standards) guidelines. You’ll work with our team to provide specialist advice and training in areas such as financial instruments, business combinations, pensions and share schemes, listings, corporate treasury, company secretarial and corporate governance.
- Support in accounting period closing activities in accordance with IFRS or Local GAAP for areas of functional responsibility which include preparation and recording of journal entries, account schedules, analyses, and financial statements.
- Support in bank payments and transfers on the bank portal.
- Solid knowledge and experience in VAT and withholding Tax.
- Ensure proper accounting closing activities and external reporting (timing and quality) with respect to guidelines and deadlines.
- Support in the auditing process and preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Candidates will be required to possess a strong ability to work under pressure and manage their time, as the delivery role requires the creation of high quality complex client deliverables that will be submitted for the managers and partners’ reviews.
- Ability to delegate to more junior members to provide opportunities, and coach to help deliver results.
- Ability to try out new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Using a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Working with others to gather information from different sources when analysing and solving complex problems
- Candidates are expected to keep developing their knowledge of IFRS and accounting matters and the impact on our clients so they can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Candidates will be working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives.
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region in terms of upskilling their digitalisation capabilities.
- Candidates will also be expected to build and maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with client personnel and colleagues.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC’s Accounting team.
- Candidates will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of accounting solutions across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Maintain positive energy in the face of obstacles or when dealing with complex situations.
- Provide supervision, continuous assistance and feedback on performance to associates; seek and provide upward feedback.
- Participate with the managers and partners in the resolution of significant issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business studies, accounting or finance.
- 3-5 years of Accounting or other relevant experience in a Big 4 firm preferably within the Middle East.
- DipIFR, CPA or CMA is preferrable.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluency in English is required.
- Strong math and research skills and presentation skills.
- In-depth understanding of IFRS and general accounting principles, as well as Local GAAP.
- candidates should have experience in dealing with accounting platforms i.e (SAP, Oracle, MS NAV, etc..)
- Solid understanding of MS Office word and excel.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. He/she will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- The role requires interacting with regional and international law firms, and senior management of our clients so the candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong interest and passion for enhancing technical accounting skills;
- Strong interest and passion for developing skills on using technology to enable efficient delivery.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.