Financial Intelligence Unit Investigator, Officer
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Investigator, Officer to join State Street Bank & Trust in Quincy, Massachusetts. This role is a junior to intermediate level position that supports Functional Compliance’s Financial Intelligence Unit, where FIU Investigator completes case investigations with a basic or intermediate level of understanding of red flags related to cash movements, mutual funds, hedge funds, stocks, bonds, etc. and conducts/evaluates the associated behaviors of unusual securities/market abuse, general money laundering, and other financial crime related activity in support of the achievement of organizational objectives and regulatory requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The FIU team is responsible for centralized monitoring of suspicious transactions and AML investigations where suspicious activity is present and provides support and guidance to the regional FIU teams. The FIU Investigator works independently on assignments within the scope of established guidelines/practices and consults with senior FIU staff where clarification or exception to policy may be required. Individuals work independently on assigned projects and issues with guidance from senior FIU staff & management.
What you will be responsible for
As FIU Investigator, you will
- Conduct case investigations with an understanding of cash movements, bonds, mutual funds, stocks, options, hedge funds, and income trusts etc.
- Act as subject matter expert to provide specialist advice, guidance and direction to team members on Securities, Broker Dealer money laundering, market abuse, suspicious cash movements, and other crime related issues
- Develop investigation reports, evaluate information obtained, and recommend courses of action related to AML cases
- Investigate breaches of securities laws, governance and compliance matters
- Investigate into improper or unauthorized trading and market manipulation
- Manage assigned investigations ensuring timely and prompt recommendations (SAR/No SAR, escalation recommendations such as Account Closure) and reports are made to management.
- Coordinate in-depth research and documentation when unusual activity is detected
- Utilize analytical problem solving skills with good objectivity and discretion
- Ensure the timely resolution and appropriate documentation of routine problems
- Cultivate a positive, team oriented approach to FIU operations. Work collaboratively with team members to promote excellent support to other team members.
- Foster sound relationships with business units
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Keen ability to distinguish when certain scenarios require escalation versus those that should be handled independently.
- Ability to review the various systems utilizing data analytics techniques
- Analytical (problem solving) skills with good objectivity and discretion
- Strong communication skills ability to deal with management and staff
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to execute work assignments quickly and proficiently
- Demonstrated exceptional level of accuracy and detail for reporting
Education & preferred qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with focus in business, accounting, finance, or economics required.
- ACAMS Certification Preferred
- 3 > years of relevant business experience in AML compliance, cash, and/or securities
- Understanding of AML typologies involving cash, investments and overall risk within the bank
- Strong understanding of investment products such as: bonds, mutual funds, stocks, options, hedge funds, and income trusts etc.
- Some knowledge of the securities industry, their operation, and familiarity of market abuse typologies
- Analyse general AML and security based risk and identify potential instances of suspicious activity (financial, reputational, and regulatory).
- PC literacy, with good working knowledge of the Microsoft office applications (Access, Word, Excel)
What we offer
Wide range of benefits, including:
- Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee-Paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Employee-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Benefits
- BeWell Programme
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Salary Savings Program (SSP)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.