Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses and individuals need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
This role will primarily involve working closely with, and supporting senior members within the team, and assisting in the timely delivery of services. You will develop your existing understanding and experience in preparing sets of accounts from source records, you will have rounded business knowledge, able to analyse client data and make recommendations. You will also get involved in ad-hoc advisory work which may include supporting businesses transitioning to digital accounting packages. As this is a sector-specific role, most of your work will involve the preparation of unaudited medical partnership accounts, however, the medical team is also responsible for a portfolio of non-medical, unaudited, incorporated businesses, so there will be a requirement for you to prepare some statutory accounts.
The Medical Team is responsible for a variety of tasks and is so important to the firm because of the relationships we have with our clients. These can often lead to additional opportunities for the firm to support our clients in growing their businesses.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realise your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need, and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills, and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. We recognise and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. In this role you’ll:
- Prepare accounts for clients either from Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks, IRIS GP Accounts, Excel, or manual records under the supervision of more senior members of the team
- Use Caseware final accounts package to complete accounts preparations
- Present a complete file, on a small to a medium-sized job with assistance
- Complete the client-take-on procedures for new clients, including preparing engagement letters for senior review
- Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service
- Completion of administrative duties such as the preparation of timetables and letters for manager and partner review
- Provide support to the senior members in preparing bills and monitoring WIP
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- AAT qualified or equivalent and pursuing further qualifications (ACA/ACCA) as relevant
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Knowledge of accounting packages beneficial
- Can prioritise work to tight deadlines
- Minimum 1 Year experience in preparation of financial statements for Partnerships, limited companies, sole trader
- Enjoy working onsite and has the people skill to deal with different client personalities
- Be organised and able to manage your own workload.
- Be able to work with and communicate effectively with others
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following core benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a Group Personal Pension Plan, with matched employer contributions;
- Life Assurance cover;
- Income Protection insurance;
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. They can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on Private Medical, Personal Accident, Dental or Travel Insurance; Home Technology
- enrol in our Bikes to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts at cinemas, dining out, shopping and gyms through our Employee Discounts arrangement;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access additional services like our financial wellbeing platform, online GP service or our Employee Assistance Programme
We understand that everyone works in different ways and the same environment isn’t always suited to every task. So we give you choice and flexibility around how, when and where you work, providing you with the environment, digital tools and training to enable you to deliver your best for yourself, your team, and your clients.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in them. Across 17 UK locations, we are 6,000 unique minds coming together to help our clients reach their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.