Tax & Legal Services - MERC Tax - Risk & Quality - Senior Associate - Amman
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You’ll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC’s regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
Our Risk and Quality team identifies and assists internal teams to mitigate and control client engagement risks. As part of the team, you’ll provide advice to business teams within PwC on sound contract provisions, standards and approaches in accordance with PwC policies, principles and standards.
The Tax and Legal Risk and Quality team advises client-facing and internal staff primarily on risk management matters associated with the procurement, development and/or use of technology solutions internally by the firm or as part of the delivery of services to clients. It also advises internal firm functions on general risk management matters and delivers effective and comprehensive risk management support across the Middle East region. You will work as an integral part of this team and be involved in a broad range of activities which will include liaison with internal and client facing partners and staff across the firm’s Lines of Service, as well as other parts of the firm including Network Security, Independence, Compliance, the Office of General Counsel (OGC), Procurement and the Risk and Quality Teams in each Line of Service. It is a high profile role that requires strong interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with senior and junior staff.
The role will entail supporting the regional TLS R&Q team to:
- Work with project teams to identify, assess and advise on mitigations for risk concerns relating to related solutions, as well as navigate the firm’s various approval processes to obtain sign-off for these new solutions;
- Provide general risk management advice to internal firm functions and be the first point of contact, escalating issues when appropriate
- Work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring delivery of high quality, pragmatic and commercial R&Q advice that meets the needs of the business and is delivered to high client delivery standards
- Advising on more complex R&Q issues and drawing on specialist support from the wider R&Q community (OGC, Independence, Compliance, other LoS R&Q)
- Being the first point of contact for queries from client facing staff and providing pragmatic advice and solutions to their R&Q queries.
- Delivering training to partners and staff, including one-to-one training and seminar based training, in relation to R&Q / contracting.
- Assist in reviewing and providing any KYC exceptional approval based on due diligence provided on the client and services to be performed.
- Work with the regional OGC and Contract Review team by ensure client contracting matters are actioned promptly and effective response and negotiation conducted
- Working with junior resources to project manage and facilitate the Engagement Compliance Review (ECRs) conducted for TLS Partners and Directors and provide timely updates on status of reviews.
- Advising on the proper completion of TLS questionnaire (client and engagement acceptance) covering: relationship checking, AFS, AML, scoping of work and drafting of engagement letters.
- Able to develop deep understanding and knowledge of the firm’s risk management process whilst providing solutions and bringing innovate ideas on enhancing the process
- Managing and participating in the annual Engagement Compliance Review (ECR) on all partners and directors in the Middle East Tax practice.
- Assisting in the Quality Assurance Review conducted by project managing the activities and ensuring the smooth running of the programme.
- Planning the annual Quality Review programme for the selected territories by working with the selected offices and identifying resources to participate in the review.
- Esacalting contracting requests to OGC / Contract Review team or other members of TLS R&Q team.
- Providing regular feedback on the key risks within the region and providing thoughts on certain risk management issues when experienced by engagement teams.
- Where necessary, supporting client facing teams on conference calls with clients, third parties and their respective legal advisers in order to resolve issues relating 3 of to our contracting documentation.
- Previous risk management, compliance or regulatory experience, or experience in a client facing role is desirable.
- Knowledge of Tax applied in risk management context, PwC risk management policies and procedures, and the tac services provided by the firm is desirable.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.