Senior Advisor, Global Ops Accounting
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
Join us as a Senior Advisor on our Accounting team in Penang, Malaysia, to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
The Global Operations Accounting (GOA) Systems and Controls team supports the broader GOA team by providing strong cross-functional leadership, by providing exceptional business partnership with the GOA and other teams, and by driving robust, scalable solutions to business opportunities.
This candidate may support a combination of the global initiatives we are currently supporting, including the Globalize Our Platform(GOP) / DSA enablement. As an Accounting Senior Advisor with the GOA Systems & Controls team, the successful candidate will:
- Represent GOA driving collaboration and alignment with cross-functional teams including partners from operations, finance, tax, and others for assigned strategic programs.
- These initiatives might be driven by supply chain, finance/accounting, compliance, or GTM focus areas. Be expected to develop and drive GOA system and process changes related assigned strategic initiatives or other projects, including collaborating and coordinating across business teams as well as within the GOA organization.
- Be expected to develop, recommend, and implement globally standard accounting procedures (systematic or manual), ensuring appropriate controls; and ensure that these processes comply with Dell’s accounting policies, processes, and control requirements.
- Be expected to develop a broad understanding of Dell’s Supply Chain designs and capabilities, and influence global business partners toward systematic, stable, and scalable solutions with the objective of supporting Dell’s strategy and vision to optimize the global supply chain processes in support of meeting/exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Be expected to develop as a strong technical and process support for the GOA team, with a broad view of Dell Technology’s global business activities.
- BA in accounting/finance and 7+ years of relevant experience, or MBA and CPA a plus.
- Experience with a global team is important.
- Program management and/or business operations experience (procurement, manufacturing, logistics, etc.) preferred.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an understanding of Accounting processes and technology. Work activities require strong individual contribution as well as effective teamwork. Candidates must possess strong drive for results and ability to deal effectively with ambiguity. Key competencies include business partnering, communication skills, driving results, dealing with ambiguity, and attention to detail.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 April 2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.