Associate Director, Corporate Finance (Transaction Support) - London
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
As an Associate Director in the Transaction Support team in Corporate Finance will be given the opportunity to join a growing advisory team and further develop your experience advising on buy-side of UK and international mergers and acquisitions, providing due diligence and buy-side advisory services to strategic buyers, financial investors, banks and other funders.
You will work directly for several partners and be given the opportunity to lead a team of professionals and expected to manage all aspects of a buy-side corporate finance transaction. You will be responsible for exceptional service delivery within the team and also expected to actively contribute to business development and origination activities.
You will be responsible for the appraisal and development of a team of people.
As an Associate Director you will support the partners in all aspects of buyside advisory services.
The role will require the individual to:
- Have worked in transaction services, or the wider corporate finance/financial investigations lines of service for 4-5 years.
- They should ideally be fully qualified (albeit exceptions can be made in certain circumstances).
- Be self-motivated and show strong values of ownership in respect of the task/output.
- Be comfortable and capable of managing more junior staff, and taking on the responsibility for the day-to-day management and development of the team.
As an Associate Director, reporting directly to the Partners, you will be expected to:
- Manage multiple transactions at a time – utilising the team and delegating work streams effectively.
- Lead initial scoping meetings with clients and to identify the key questions that the DD needs to answer.
- Prepare formal proposals in respect of new work opportunities and potential client introductory meetings.
- Be responsible for the preparation and delivery to the partner of market leading ‘client ready’ due diligence reports that are “Robust, Relevant and Insightful”. This must include the drafting of well-structured and concise ‘Key Messages’.
- Manage other lines of service (ie Tax) in respect of their input to a due diligence report.
- Be responsible for the development and appraisals of junior member of the team – focusing on team development.
- Be active and visible in the market – developing your own network of contacts and referral opportunities.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.