Corporate Finance Associate Director
As part of the RSM Corporate Finance Faculty’s growth objectives, we are looking for an Associate Director to join the team. We are looking to strengthen the Corporate Finance team based in Birmingham and to grow the execution and origination capabilities and as such this role will be key in achieving our ambitions.
The RSM Lead Advisory team advises private Shareholders and management teams to achieve their strategic goals through acquisitions, fund raisings and exit. Our team plays a key role in advising on a wide variety of corporate transactions, interacting with clients and other professionals comprising private equity, banks and lawyers, taking a lead role in the preparation of business plans / information memoranda and are closely involved in deal negotiation.
You will lead in the execution of transactions across the client portfolio, preparing key documentation for disposals, acquisitions and fund-raising including information memoranda and business plans. You will take the lead in business development activities including involvement in the preparation of pitch documents and other marketing materials and involvement in meeting with existing / target clients.
- Leading engagements processes and reporting directly to the partner
- Liaising with clients, target businesses and other professional advisors during execution of transactions
- Reviewing and analysing financial models
- Researching, preparing and supporting presentations / sales pitches for new business
- Relationship building with potential clients and intermediaries (private equity houses, banks and corporates)
- Take a lead role in project managing transactions, acting as a primary contact for the client and providing support and advice as required.
- The role holder will show vision and strategic perspective and will be focused on building the M&A business
- Qualified Chartered Accountant and prior experience of working in a similar position
- A track record of working on buy-side and sell-side, as well as finance raising
- Strong numerical, financial and modelling skills based on a well-developed understanding of financial statements
- High intelligence, evidenced by strong academics
- Self-starter with energy to work long, flexible hours and to tight deadlines
- Displays high level of accuracy, diligence and integrity
- Commercially minded and a critical thinker
- Able to form relationships with wide range of people and strong team player
- Willing to travel as required
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.