HFS Risk, Control & Security
Job description: HFS Risk & Control & Security - 92726
The HFS Control, Security, and Permission partner will work directly with and sit between Omnium IT, Omnium Business Services, and other HFS partners globally to facilitate control engagement, risk analysis and security oversight of the various business services teams.
The work will include accountable execution of daily production requirements, troubleshooting as needed, work with the HFS business services partners in processes analysis to gain more efficient controls and mitigate operational risk. This partner will also work within the security permission area for the Omnium platforms and address ad hoc initiatives relating to those platforms. The partner will manage the backlog of development items, planning and scheduling control testing, and provide vertical transparency of immediate risks and solutions.
Major duties & responsibilities:
- Perform control reviews of client fund’s governing documents for key terms, restrictions, guidelines, etc. and evaluate client operating behavior to assess adherence to fund docs
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new concepts/subject matter and an ability to reprioritize competing objectives on minimal notice based upon business needs and manager discretion
- Strong awareness and sensitivity to safeguarding confidential client data, as role will crossover between multiple sensitive and confidential control environments
- Assist in the planning, design, and execution of various test of controls workstreams/programs
- Participate and/or lead interviews with control owners to critically evaluate processes, assess risks, and generate recommendations to mitigate risk and/or increase operational efficiency
- Exhibit a high degree of professional skepticism with sound judgment and decision making and be comfortable professionally challenging the status quo, when needed
- Working fundamental knowledge (or willingness to obtain) of IT controls including security permission and access management as role will involve ad hoc requests and supplemental coverage in this space
- Conceive and execute tactical and strategic improvements to the Security Management Console (SMC) and other business processes.
- Act as subject matter expert and mentor to more junior partners particular to Audit, Compliance and Risk Management
- Acts as a key escalation point for issues and prioritization, digging into the details to drive execution
- Builds relationships and improves communication among Omnium stakeholders
- Assesses effectiveness of business services operational workstreams, soliciting feedback from developers, operations partners, client service representatives and leadership. Workstreams will be assessed on transparent prioritization, quality, efficiency and other aspects of development effectiveness
- Liaise with the Business Owner(s) and / or the Proxy Business Owner(s) to:
- Assess new and/or re-prioritized dev requests and articulate the impact to plan
- Coordinate testing with business owners, monitor testing progress and confirm readiness for next step in release
- Function as a “workstream expert” responsible for the following:
- Provide process/control effectiveness to key stakeholders
- Production and Distribution of Development Roadmaps
Knowledge / Skills required:
- Ability to navigate and work across multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced, high performing environment
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability to source, analyze, present, and articulate data to support conclusions
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong desire to drive projects to completion. Identifies issues and recommends solutions. Execution-oriented and results-driven
- Strong organization and facilitation skills are required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability and experience navigating and working across multiple stakeholders
- Tech and/or Agile experience a plus, but not required
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.