Data Sourcing Program Management - VP - Derivatives
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are excited to expand our team in Poland and we’re looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join us in our new corporate centre in Warsaw. Bring us your expertise and you’ll be part of a global community, working with people around the world and with a company that’s committed to investing in you and making a success of this key new location for our business.
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting (FAIR) team is accountable for the integrity of the books and records of the Firm / LOBs and leading large-scale data, infrastructure, accounting standard and business process change management events. The regional locations covered by FAIR include EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa), North America and Asia.
One of the top priorities across Global Finance, Credit Risk and Liquidity is to evolve the organization to a more integrated data and reporting strategy – one that is globally consistent and usable for business, finance, risk and regulatory requirements.
The Business Architecture Data Engineering team is responsible for the sourcing, modeling and aggregation of data in the Finance Reporting Infrastructure (FRI) across various asset classes in a consistent and controlled manner. The data engineer’s primary responsibility will be working on the build out of internal and external reporting which is a critical firm-wide initiative. They will be responsible for defining the requirements and attributes needed to support these reporting functions.
As part of the Business Architecture Data Engineering team you will have a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Automate the data aggregation and business process for external regulatory reporting using both big data and cloud based solutions
- Prioritize the backlog of user stories for delivery, based on alignment to the schedule deployment plan
- Understand current and target state system flows
- Work in an Agile framework to write business requirements (in the form of user stories) to enhance the data, reporting automation, and digital analytics toolsets.
- Build reporting logic using query languages to aggregate, filter, transform data
- Engage with development teams to ensure business needs are translated into appropriate technical specifications, and acceptance criteria is met
- Define a strategic onboarding and deployment plan for reports and schedules based on data consumer needs, and business benefit to the firm
- Work with lines of business to understand their products, how data is captured, and how to strategically source data into a cloud based big data architecture
- Manage the end to end SDLC lifecycle from requirements gathering to grooming to develop to testing and deployment
- Decompose and analyze current state models, reports and schedules: examples include: CCAR, CECL, ERDC, BIC
- In partnership with Implementation leads, Release managers, Project managers and other data SMEs understand various Lines of Business and asset class data and source system flows and complexities as it relates to the Finance and Risk applications and infrastructure
- Other ad-hoc requests as assigned
- Bachelors' degree required
- 7 years of related experience (financial services and/or regulatory reporting is a plus)
- Experience with understanding and working with large volumes of data across multiple products
- Experience with Agile delivery, JIRA, Confluence a plus
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge
- Overall strong desktop skills with particular emphasis in Excel
- Strong skills interacting with data including using SQL to query
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to tailor messaging to various audiences
- Experience using or building digital analytics tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Ability to lead and influence and build strong relationships with partner teams
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Must be detail oriented, highly responsible and able to work with tight deadlines
- Strong team-orientation and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment with a risk mindset
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and delivering results across multiple teams and interdependencies
- Ability to lead, influence and build strong relationships with people and teams at varying levels across the organization
- Knowledge and experience of traditional credit (Loans, Deposits, Cash) and trading products (Derivatives and Securities) a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.