MSFS-MIddle Office -Senior Manager
This wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley administers over $500 billion of hedge fund assets. Using the Firm’s proprietary, globally accessible technology platform, the business provides a full range of fund administration services, including daily accounting and financial reporting; transfer agency and investor services; middle and back-office support; and integrated portfolio analytics. Morgan Stanley Fund Services is supported by over 1100 professionals based in New York, London, Hong Kong, Dublin, Glasgow, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
We are seeking a client facing Middle Office Associate for our Glasgow office, providing trade affirmation and Treasury services to our clients.
The candidate will work within the global team to build out the MSFS middle office offering and provide coverage for clients requesting the services: currently trade affirmation and collateral/cash management. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be on boarding clients onto the services and project management for some aspects of platform build out. Support will be offered to the team on their responsibilities.
- Client On boarding and Project Management for building out the Trade Matching platform
- Trade break management and reporting for client executed trades
- Process management for client related collateral/margin and reporting queries
- Building and maintaining excellent client relationships with the hedge fund clients as well as develop technical systems and product knowledge in order to provide first class client service.
- Assist in the planning and building out of the global coverage teams and the operating model to support the expanded services - Trade Affirmation and Treasury/Cash Management
- Liaise with global stakeholders including IT to support the development a broker-neutral client trade matching platform
- Work with existing and new clients setting up and on-boarding them onto both products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Varied product exposure – one or more of equity, swap, fixed income, listed and OTC products
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work within a fast paced setting
- Critical thinker with track record of process improvements
- Execute sound judgment in client responses and escalation
- Prior experience in hedge fund and/or hedge fund administrator middle office operation
- Trade affirmation experience using DTCC, Omgeo (CTM), Markit Trade Manager and Traiana a plus as well as experience of in-house trade matching systems
- Project Manager Experience
- Prime Brokerage Margin, Collateral Management and Settlements experience
- Cash and Collateral Management experience with ENSO, Hazeltree, VITEOS, or Integridata a plus
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.