Payroll Coordinator/Payroll Specialist
Page Personnel is partnering with a retail company who are based in Eastleigh looking for a Payroll Coordinator/Payroll Specialist to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
Our client is a very large and well known retail company who are seeing rapid growth. They are base din Eastleigh and require travel to their offices but also offer very good hybrid working options.
As the Payroll Coordinator/Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Accountable for meeting individual and team targets and objectives, in line with our values.
- Effectively deliver the monthly payroll for the UK teams, whilst striving to deliver the best service possible for our colleagues.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the monthly balance sheet accounts, ensuring all reconciled items are investigated and cleared.
- Ensure clear processes and controls are in place and are adhered to and updated as required.
- Understand the needs of our internal and external customers and respond promptly to their requirements within the set SLAs.
- Deliver well communicated responses with regards to pay queries, keeping it simple and clear.
- Support the business in all relevant project initiatives by providing subject matter expertise.
- Continually monitor payroll legislation ensuring payroll processes are kept up to date and compliant.
- Take responsibility for your personal development, seeking and acting on feedback from others
To be successful for the Payroll Coordinator/Payroll Specialist, you must:
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to understand priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships.
- Controls focused and strong organisational skills.
- Demonstrates good financial knowledge.
- Competent in Word and Excel.
- Two years plus payroll experience, preferably in a high-volume processing environment.
- Knowledge of Employment and HMRC legislation, including RTI and Pensions Auto Enrolment.
- Understanding of compliance to Data Protection Act.
- Knowledge of SAP would be desirable but not a must
Salary £25,000 - £30,000