Markets Technology Business Management- Associate
Business Management optimizes business performances by helping to drive key initiatives. We act as trusted advisors and counterweight to Business/Group Heads, and are responsible for identifying, escalating, and mitigating business risks.
Reporting to the Markets Technology Business Management cross-asset Lead, the primary function of the role is to provide comprehensive financial and strategic support to the Markets Technology organization. It will involve regular interaction with key partners across Technology, Finance, and Strategy.
The role will comprise working with cross-asset Markets teams: Athena platform, engineering and architecture, change and transformation, and data. The role also has strong cross-Markets Technology elements, including analyzing key metrics, reviewing progress to the Cloud, and engaging with the Head of CIB Technology’s office.
Successful candidates should have experience in business management and / or strategy roles, preferably in Financial Services or a Technology organization. They should have excellent communication and organizational skills, strong attention to detail and enjoy handling complexity. We are a lean and agile team and look for people who thrive in this working environment.
Cross-asset BM responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and prepare executive-level presentations and analysis, comprising of financial, non-financial and technical content
- Work with key stakeholders to identify solutions to a wide array of opportunities and challenges within Markets Technology, with clear objectives and measures of success
- Manage cross-product / divisional initiatives for Markets Technology, ensuring consistency in approach across technology teams and functions
- Assist with workforce management and location strategies, as well as organizational engagement programs, such as Townhalls, skip level engagements and communiqués
- Develop financial and non-financial report standards for Markets Technology in order to enhance transparency and accuracy of reporting to key stakeholders
- Drive automation of tasks and processes within the Business Management function
Cross-markets responsibilities include:
- Provide insight across the Markets org on items such as location strategy and spans of control
- Engage with the Head of CIB Technology’s office on key initiatives including metrics and hiring
- Develop materials for senior Technology and Front Office meetings
- Produce financial and headcount analysis on Total Cost of Ownership and job families
- Analyze information on the app and infra modernization agenda, including the journey to the Cloud
- Summarize the key monthly achievements in the org
Skills, qualifications & experience:
- Relevant industry experience, coupled with strategy, business management and / or financial experience
- Possess strong analytical skills with experience in collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing data from multiple sources
- Ability to identify key issues, develop actionable recommendations and take from inception to delivery
- Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and drive the agenda under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills to cultivate positive working relationships and outcomes with global stakeholders and team members
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel skills are essential)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.