Senior Analyst, Credit Underwriting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Credit Analysis
Work Location: BangaloreSummary:
Under general supervision (but working independently most of the time), the Senior Analyst, Credit Analysis will spread financials of individuals/entities either in spread sheets or into the Moody’s Risk Analyst and analyze their financial position to determine their creditworthiness. Prepare credit analysis reports to support underwriting. Work on complex credit analysis projects and special projects as identified by the management. Perform quality check of the spreads / reports completed by the junior analysts.Major Duties:
- Review individuals/entities' financials/annual reports and other supporting financial data to accurately prepare spreads in Moody’s Risk Analyst (MRA).
- Determine the type of information needed to prepare spread sheets, obtains data from source documents, interpret data into a format for financial analysis, and records figures on spread sheets or MRA.
- Analyze the individuals/entities' financials/annual reports, quarterly statements and other supporting financial data to determine their financial position and identify potential risk factors.
- Prepare report on the individuals/entities' business analyzing its operating and financial performance with a focus on its creditworthiness.
- Review spreads or reports with supervisor or relevant manager to resolve questions or discrepancies.
- Notify supervisor or relevant manager of overdue financial statements/annual reviews so that follow-up can be made.
- Perform complex credit analysis that requires sufficient knowledge and expertise.
- Perform quality check of the spreads / reports completed by the junior analysts and ensure they are as per the guidelines.
- Work on special projects and other projects as identified by the division management.
Significant knowledge of U.S. finance and accounting usually acquired through formal education and appropriate experience required to analyze and evaluate financial statements. Knowledge of applicable industry laws and regulations required to review operational, credit and business risk. Analytical and communication skills (verbal and written) are required to analyze entities’ operating performance and prepare presentations. Good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to work independently.Experience:
- Required 2-5 years of banking or other financial/credit analysis related experience.