Manager - Investor Services
AIS Investor Services Operations
Job title: AIS Investor Services, Manager
Reports to: AIS Investor Services Sr. Manager/AVP
This position is within the Investor Services business unit of the State Street’s Alternative Investment Services Group. And is responsible for processing and quality checking of transactions and updating the registers of our clients in response to investor instructions. This role requires day to day oversight/supervision and review of tasks prepared by a client facing team. This role also requires to interacts with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Hence a strong foundation of communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Supervising hedge fund / private equity investor services team working on end to end model.
- Conduct review of daily activities like subscription, redemption, switch, transfer, wire payments, cash reconciliation, statements and contract notes, investor due diligence etc.
- Managers are expected to be fully hands on with process to be able to sign off transactions and other activities appropriate to the roles and business requirements.
- Ensuring that all dealing registration AML and other tasks are processed as per agreed SLA.
- Day to day oversight of processing to ensure quality and timeliness targets are met.
- Timely escalation to senior management for unresolved issues.
- To work with the team, internal departments and group projects area on any allocated projects.
- Analyses monthly management information to understand where quality at an individual, process, team level needs to be addressed.
- Facilitate regular team meetings to cascade process updates.
- Set objectives of team members and monitor performance and provide feedback through monthly one to one meetings.
- Provides management and guidance to staff, fostering an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Assist/prepare monthly KPIs
- Ensure that appropriate and agreed controls is always in place.
- Responsible for the development, recruitment, appraisals and retention of staff.
- Fulfill additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements.
- Maintaining good relationship with host location, internal and external clients.
- 8 - 10 years relevant financial services experience in Transfer Agency / Investor Services domain
- Knowledge of Hedge fund Transfer Agency operations is mandatory
- Candidate must have a university degree (accounting, business, mathematics, finance or economics)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Excel, Outlook and Word. Knowledge of Excel with VBA, is a plus.
- Good English, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, detail and result oriented
- Experience in change initiatives, covering areas like process improvement idea generation, with a track record of accomplishment in complex projects and change initiatives.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Dealing, Registration, Settlements and AML.
- A good understanding of effective risk management.
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Interpersonal (relationship builder, respectful, resolves problems, people friendly).
- Communication (presentation skills, listening skills, oral communication skills, allows others to express themselves and written communication skills).
- Strong leadership management and organizational skills are required to develop periodic goals, and manage and motivate team members to attain the established goals.
- Approachable and able to promote teamwork through creative solutions.
- Self-management (adaptability and resilience, learning behavior, integrity and ethics and relationship builder).
- Thinking (creative thinking decision making, input seeking, logical thinking and solution finding)
- Organizational Knowledge (business knowledge, expert knowledge and external events impact)
- Client Service and Quality (quality, relationship building and client satisfaction)
- Administration (Anticipates needs, execution, planning, process specialist, quality seeker and time management).
- Leadership (Addresses difficult issues, builds effective teams focused on goals, champions new initiatives, fosters development, gives timely feedback and coaching, Idea generator and sets challenging performance standards).
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.