Middle Office Operations Specialist, Senior Associate
The position will support and maintain the Middle Office production processing of multiple client’s portfolio static data and the co-ordination of Transition events such as New Account setups, Account restructures, Terminations, Account maintenance and other changes.
The position requires regular independent interaction with internal teams, client contacts, custodians and other interested parties. The data elements gathered need to be maintained in an accurate and timely manner to help support the clients trading activities in addition to supporting numerous departments within the organization. The position will also be the primary point of contact internally and externally regarding the data elements, hence excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills is a must for the role.
- Complete the day to day responsibilities of the team within a strong risk and control environment that minimizes incidents and errors
- Own the research and resolution of issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset Servicing, Trade Operations, Account Transitions, COACS)
- Conduct high-level analysis in specific areas of expertise, identify and resolve work-processing issues and make suggestions to streamline operations
- Approve documented workflow, procedures and controls, determining impact of activity to other areas
- Make proactive recommendations and solutions for problem resolution
- Interface with senior level internal and external parties and other departments on complex matters and inquiries
- Liaise with colleagues within the Australia, USA, UK and India State Street offices and divisions globally where required for query resolution
- Support and provide analysis for Client Change Request items impacting the Enterprise processes and Operating Models
Level of education
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting, or technology or equivalent work experience in finance or accounting
Previous level of experience
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working with an asset manager or custodian
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations
- Experience with writing and reviewing business specifications, procedures, operating models, etc.
Skills - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze quickly
- Strong written and communication skills to people at all levels
- Must be self motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise
- Flexible working hours may be required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.