Transaction Services Associate
Overall Job Purpose
Our Transaction Services team is an award-winning team and highly regarded in the marketplace. The team specialises in financial due diligence, advising clients on business acquisitions and investments. Deal values are typically in the £5m to £100m range.
This role provides an opportunity for you to join the fast-moving world of Corporate Finance and Transaction Services. Working alongside a team of other professionals you will play an integral role in the delivery of financial due diligence projects.
- Support the Partner / Director who is leading on the financial due diligence engagement, manage the assignment day to day
- Completion of client acceptance procedures
- Preparation of team briefing documents and meeting agendas
- Detailed financial analysis and interpretation of outputs in order to assist with the identification of commercial and key deal issues
- Effective report writing, to deliver relevant commercial advice to our clients
- Liaising with other internal service lines (e.g. tax)
- Liaising with clients, target management and other advisors
- Supporting the Partner / Director team in new business generation, including relationship building with potential clients and intermediaries
- Researching, preparing and supporting presentations / proposals for new business
- Play a key role in practice development including developing, coaching and managing associates and executives, evaluating and appraising performance and diving a culture of coaching
Requirements for the role
It is our people that makes RSM what it is, and our commitment to people is paramount to our success. We have a culture of transparency and we remain people focussed and care about your professional and personal development. The team will support your training to be successful in this position; ideally you will be a qualified Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) and:
- Previous experience working within a professional services practice is essential
- Experience of Transaction Services / Due Diligence would be beneficial
- Demonstrate experience of project managing a number of engagements at the same time and managing a team of staff
- Technically strong with a good understanding of both UK GAAP and IFRS
- Displays high level of accuracy, diligence and integrity
- Commercially minded and a creative and critical thinker
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution. To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.