Assistant Manager - Global Audit and Digital Transformation
Global Reporting Centre of Excellence
The Global Reporting Centre of Excellence (COE) works with the world’s largest multinational companies to transform their global statutory reporting and audit processes. We deliver innovative technology, data analytics solutions and provide value to clients and global audit teams by helping them to develop their long-term global reporting and audit strategies.
We are a team of 100+ professionals, headquartered in our Dublin office who operate globally with clients and EY audit teams worldwide. We are a diverse mix of people with different backgrounds from multinational finance and audit. We have brought together audit, accountancy, technology, and analytics skillsets together in one team to solve the complex challenges of multinational reporting and audit.
Global audit and digital transformation – Assistant manager role overview
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this fast-growing service line within EY Assurance. We are seeking an assistant manager to join our experienced team in our Dublin office. The assistant manager role works with EY’s largest and most complex global audit clients and helps build EY’s relationships with client leadership and global audit teams.
Successful candidates will be involved in working on global digital audit transformation and enablement engagements. The aim of our team is to change how EY executes audits through standardization, centralization, automation, and analytics, driving EY’s commitment to high quality audits, while enhancing the global audit client’s experience.
Candidates will also be working on global audit strategies designed to assess the client’s responsibilities as it relates to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and other non-financial reporting initiatives through knowledge management and other assurance services.
To succeed, you will need strong inter-personal and communication skills, a client-centric mindset, and a disruptive entrepreneurial spirit.
As an assistant manager within the COE, you will be responsible for fostering and developing exceptional client experiences, identifying opportunities to transform our client’s statutory reporting process, and playing a key role in building a strong team.
Day to day activity in this role
- Partner with our dedicated data analytics team to drive innovation and optimization of EY’s global statutory audit strategy through data enablement, capture, automation, robotics, and deployment of data analytics at scale
- Partner with EY’s sustainability and non-financial reporting specialists to address the global audit client’s needs in terms of knowledge management and assurance services within the ESG and non-financial reporting space
- Drive resolution of challenges that arise in the statutory audit process on a timely basis, acting as the lead client relationship manager for EY
- Manage a cross-border team and leverage EY technology to deliver a highly connected, responsive global audit to your clients
- Manage large teams in Dublin and in our Global Delivery Services Center based in India, actively coaching, and developing team members
- Using processes developed in the COE, provide insights to the client and global audit team, identifying opportunities to enhance the quality and efficiency of the statutory audit process
- Proactively seek to understand client challenges and leverage relationships in EY to deliver innovative solutions
- Provide market insights to clients and to global audit teams about the latest global trends in statutory reporting and audit
- Identify opportunities to expand and enhance the COE’s suite of products and services to clients and global audit teams
- Management of the economics on your client portfolio
Required skills and experience
- Ability to foster, maintain and grow relationships across internal and client stakeholders
- Strong inter-personal skills and executive presence matched with an ability to communicate at a senior leadership level
- Demonstrate comfort and ability in presenting complex topics
- Preferably has prior experience working in an Assurance/Audit role or alongside accountants/auditors enabling an understanding of accounting and auditing processes, activities, risks, and data
- Preferably has a strong interest/background in data analytics and digital audit adoption
- Exceptional entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Preferably a Qualified Accountant - e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified. Minimum of 4-5 years’ relevant experience in practice or industry
- A good understanding of multi-national group and statutory audit models