Project Manager/Program Support, Officer
Who we are looking for
The BO Conversion Program Office is a global organization specializing in providing client solutions, implementation consulting services and end-to-end program management expertise to seamlessly onboard new clients on to State Street back platforms on-time, within budget and to-scope.
The primary focus of the role is on planning and managing activities, providing subject matter expertise and building relationships. Scope of responsibility depends on the size/complexity of the deal. This position involves extensive contact with Management and Senior Executives of State Street and its existing and potential new clients.
In this client facing role, the successful candidate will be expected to work directly with key stakeholders to oversee all aspects of the project. They will be expected to independently manage a central project plan across multiple business units, facilitate efficient working sessions, set deadlines, identify implementation risk and summarize progress via management-level reporting.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Serve as project manager or project lead on small to medium-size Back Office projects which requires the development, organization and control of project activities. Support the program lead on large scale initiatives.
- Manage various stages of the on-boarding lifecycle (solution design, integration and testing, implementation and BAU hand over).
- The Project manager will be the primary face off with the client and the client’s program management team
- Own the development and maintenance of project plans, issue and action logs and industry-standard project management and collaboration tools.
- Manage team activities, set and manage deadlines, establish and implement progress tracking and reporting leveraging a standard toolkit.
- Develop and ensure the quality of project lifecycle deliverables.
- Navigate complex client relationships, build strong business relationships and manage expectations with internal and client stakeholders.
- Identify and consult with cross-functional teams to resolve diverse and complex problems and designs solutions for new business across departments and implement effective solutions.
- React to and manage internal and/or external crisis situations.
- Deliver presentations to clients and/or STT senior management.
- Support workstream and governance meetings - set meeting agendas and document meeting minutes
- Manage resource plans across multiple phases incl. cost vs. budget analysis and monitoring/reporting of incremental hiring.
- Provide support to multiple engagements simultaneously to ensure work is completed within deadlines
- Develop an understanding of State Street’s Back Office products and integrate that knowledge into client solutions.
- Oversee and direct activities and training of less experienced associates.
What we value
- PMP and/or Scrum Master certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite required. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel preferred.
- Working knowledge of industry-standard project management and collaboration tools
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 1-2 years Management Consulting experience in the Financial Services/Asset Management sector, or 3-5 years relevant industry experience in Financial Services. Back office implementation experience preferred.
- Competencies required: analytical/problem solving skills, business/industry knowledge, communication versatility, information technology acumen, project management skills, multi-tasking, time management, teamwork, strong attention to detail, public speaking savvy and leadership.
- Proven project management experience and supervision of teams in process analysis and process design.
- Client engagement and expectation management across project life cycle.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, globally structured and team-based environment, as well as independently.
- Strong sense of urgency when performing tasks and projects; ability to respond to shifting priorities.
- Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Finance, Business or related field. Advanced degree is preferred.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.