Senior Project Manager, Hybrid, Assistant Vice President (Germany Support)
Who we are looking for
The role will be responsible for supporting State Street Germany business with all aspects of change management, driving the execution and delivery of projects including strategic, regulatory, geopolitical and business transformation change. The jobholder may also assist the Program Manager/Portfolio Manager with large regional projects. The role will be part of an established project management team and will have exposure to internal and external Clients.
This role can be performed fully remotely from home within Poland area or you can work from the Kraków or Gdańsk office in a in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you be responsible for
Project management/ Change management
- Senior Project Manager oversees projects to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules and budgets across departments
- Leads engagement work planning, scoping, and budget development in line with engagement strategy and deliverables; assembles engagement team
- Provides overall engagement management, including work plan, issue resolution, and close management of scope change.
- Ensures efficient communication and relationship management with multiple stakeholders (sponsors, senior management, PMO, project members, business units, end users)
- Secures prioritization and time management to support multiple projects/tasks in parallel
- Provides management of a temporary project team within the matrix reporting structure (if applicable)
- Secures adherence to State Street’s internal Project Management methodologies and standards
- Produces required reporting according to needs of stakeholders
- Provides risk and issues identification and mitigation
- Performs Lean/Process Reengineering data analysis
- Collaborates with other PMO team members on local PMO processes
Education & preferred qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in managing complex projects (preferably in banking and financial services)
- Excellent knowledge of Project Management standards (PMI or PRINCE2 certification will be an advantage)
- Fluent English
- Master's / Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, banking, technology or equivalent
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivation, proactiveness and ability to work in a team
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills, including experience in face to face / online presentations to senior management
- Solid managerial skills (ability to manage project teams working under tight deadlines)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple topics in parallel while ensuring that priorities are met
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Computer skills: MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Outlook, Collaborate / SharePoint, MS Visio
- Knowledge of the financial industry
- Understanding of Process Reengineering methods
- Knowledge of German will be an advantage
What we offer
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport Card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.