Derivatives COE – Shared Services Operational Controls Team, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
This is an oversight role in the Derivatives COE. Reporting to an Officer, the Senior Associate is responsible for supporting oversight of Derivative EMEA cash breaks. The Senior Associate will be an expert in OTC products and breaks resolution and is expected to escalate, follow-up and provide guidance to EMEA teams in order to achieve breaks targets. The Senior Associate will be a key support for the manager of the team. They will be expected to be a subject matter expert and a key knowledge resource within the team.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to demonstrate leadership as well as technical expertise. You may also be assigned projects consistent with the needs of the team. The environment is challenging and target driven, and this is a great opportunity to be involved in the development of this expanding team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As DCOE Senior Associate you will
- Primary support for manager of operations team
- Build up a good relationship across EMEA departments and work closely with all ‘EMEA Teams’ to ensure a consistent approach is adopted across the wider team for the reduction of cash breaks Resolution of queries with internal teams, clients, vendors, counterparties etc.
- Coordinate all required ad-hoc tasks involved in the oversight of TLM Cash Breaks and work to achieve the goals set out by Senior Management Team
- Knowledge of reconciliations and breaks investigations is essential along with good knowledge of the MCH platform
- Attention to detail, strong analytical and problem solving skills
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent OTC product knowledge
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Handle complex issues and escalate as needed, acting with a sense of urgency
- Innovative and open to change
- Empathic and team focused
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.