Product Analyst | Trading Enterprises | Honda | Dubai
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
About the position:
- Managing the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities including but not limited to price, trim levels, and all related product options
- Rationalizing and maintaining a product offer which drives viability, profitability linked to customer demand in the region
- Monitoring the customer and industry trends and identifying potential threats and opportunities
- Determine target customers, primary surrogate and secondary competitors for each carline to ensure effective positioning
- Recommend series mix by carline to maximize revenue, profitability, and volumes
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to the network and non-customers
- Provide a proactive and regular flow of relevant information pertaining to the motor industry with senior management and cross functional teams on product, its performance and major issues or changes in the market or competition
- Collaboration and close relationship with Original Equipment Manufacturers/ regional offices
- Working in close co-ordination with the brand marketing managers and advertising agencies in development of material for New and existing Models – specifically with information highlighting new features and attributes
- Work collaboratively and conduct in-depth pricing and product analyses, determine the pricing strategy, assist in setting list price, and price policies for the respective markets.
- Produce Positioning Analysis (Equalization / Visual and Value Adjusted Pricing) Analysis for each carline
- Produce monthly reports on product and price mix for internal and principal reporting while providing accurate reporting market conditions, positions, and trends of the UAE market and GCC
- Contribute to the budget building phase to support the Financial Controller
- Keep up to date with competitive brands and their product launches by monitoring motoring, general press, websites and relying on principal input
- Identify opportunities of innovation through analysis of global trends and initiatives in the brands and creating or adapting solutions for the UAE market, with hybrid as a key driver
- Ensuring successful launch of new products by initiating and conducting product launch meetings and anticipating market evolutions and customer behaviors and expectations as well as analyzing industry products and pricing
- Communication on new model introductions, facelifts and necessary product changes within the corporate office and facility wide
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or relevant education
- 4 years of relevant working experience in automotive pricing and product at Original Equipment Manufacturer or Major Distributor Level
- Experience in utilizing pricing tools
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and ensure high quality deliverables with attention to detail
- Develop, execute, and manage entire product lifecycles
- Affinity with cars in general and the automotive industry within Gulf Cooperation Council and mass market automotive brands
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.