Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer
Who we are looking for
Reporting to an Assistant Vice President within a Fund Accounting team overseeing teams in Dublin, the successful candidate will act as primary Fund Accountant contact for a client or number of clients. This role will provide the candidate with exposure to all aspects of New Asset Value calculation, including responding to client queries, the on-boarding of new funds/clients and ad hoc project work. It is a unique role that requires an understanding of the NAV process and how different departments and geographical locations within State Street interact and work together to service our clients.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.This specific role involves working with money market and pooling clients.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Officer you will;
- Ensure excellent level of service provided to all clients serviced by the team
- Oversight of the NAV calculation process and ensuring accuracy of the NAV
- Timely escalation of issues
- Management of Client Reporting process
- Manage fund accounting project work
- Resolve client queries
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all assigned tasks
- Ensure that sufficient controls are in place for all deliverables
- Ensure that detailed procedures are in place for all tasks
- Responsible for training and development of new staff
- Work with manager to ensure appropriate allocation and sharing of work within team
- Continuously review processes to make sure best of breed tools are used and that processes are as efficient as possible.
- Foster collaboration with colleagues, clients and external parties
- Assist team members in meeting their individual objectives
- Attend and contribute to client service calls
- Ad hoc projects as directed
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Attention to detail crucial
- Methodical and organised
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Microsoft Office Experience
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in a valuations environment is necessary.
- Expectation of experience in a similar role
- Professional qualification or degree in a related discipline would be beneficial
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.