Financial Controller- Part Qualified/ QBE
A permanent, full time Financial Controller role for a PQ or QBE Accountant who is looking for a hands on role, working with Senior Leadership for a NFP that makes a real difference to the lives of many people.
Our client is a growing Not for Profit organisation that has been in operation in Stockport since the 1970's and has been working with individuals, along with their families, ever since to support them by offering a range of services, which are offered to people of all ages.
The key responsibilities of the Financial Controller will include, but may not be limited to;
- Ensure, in close cooperation with the chief executive and trustees that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place.
- Provide accounting services for use by managers in planning and controlling the work of the charity, this includes financial accounting, management accounting, forecasting, budgeting and control systems.
- Prepare regular management accounts.
- Maintain records to meet legal and tax requirement and to measure both the inputs and the outcomes of the charity's operations.
- Plan and manage cash flow.
- Ensure legal compliance with the Charity Commission and Company's House.
- Ensure the appropriateness of the key assumptions included in the charity's financial plan and annual budget proposals. Provide advice to senior management colleagues and trustees on these matters.
- Prepare the annual budget and forecasts.
- Advise the CEO, and trustees on major financial issues which arise and which are outside the agreed boundaries of management authority, for example, a contract for service provision.
- Advise the Senior Management Team on the likely financial consequences of all proposed courses of action.
- Evaluate the tax liability impact of contemplated courses of action, minimise the tax burden and deal with tax authorities.
- In consultation with the CEO provide training for trustees and managers to understand the organisations financial position.
- Prepare the statutory annual accounts in partnership with our external auditors.
- Lead on the preparation and monitoring of business cases.
- Maintain contact with external advisers such as bankers, investment managers, pension advisers and auditors.
- Keep abreast of financial developments across the charity sector by liaising with senior finance staff in other charities.
- Manage fixed assets such as properties and associated repairs, maintenance and expenditure.
- Lead and manage IT including purchasing of equipment, monitoring, liaising with our IT consultants and managing the website.
- Monitor fundraising income and reporting to funders where required.
- Management and supervision of other staff as appropriate.
The successful candidate must possess the following skillset, in order to be considered;
- Hands-on approach (essential)
- Experience of managing stakeholders (essential)
- Able to convey financial information in a clearly understood manner to non-financial users. (essential)
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office and particularly Excel (essential)
- Working towards a CIMA/ACCA Qualification (desirable) or be QBE
- Experience of using Xero accounting software (desirable)
- Experience of working with Local Authorities (desirable)
- Experience of Charities or other Not for Profits (desirable)
- Experience reviewing and improving systems and processes (desirable)
On offer to the candidate;
- A rewarding permanent, full time opportunity as a Financial Controller within the Not for Profit sector;
- Offering between £35,000 and £39,000 per annum plus benefits;
- Hybrid working.