Prudential Regulatory Capital Expert
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business.
- A competitive salary with benefits package and eligibility for annual bonus.
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously.
- Continued professional development based on your career interests.
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Dynamic environment
- Work-life balance
- Work location: hybrid
Report to the Regulatory Capital Calculation & Internal Reporting Head in Budapest, the main responsibilities are to:
- Apply solid knowledge of Regulatory Capital framework (Basel III: including Credit/Market Risks, Large Exposures, Leverage) for EMEA legal entities
- Answer ad hoc queries from Regulators (PRA, ECB, BAFIN) and Morgan Stanley Business Units
- Periodically review compliance with Regulatory rules
- Interact regularly with related functions to understand new business requirements and their implications
- Participate in automation and system development projects
- Working with Policy team on implementation decisions, support New Product and New Trade reviews
- Review daily/weekly Capital Calculation deliverables related to Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) and analysis according to the Standardized rules for EMEA entities.
- Hold a Finance / Economics degree or equivalent
- 4+ years finance experience in the financial services industry (regulatory capital, liquidity, treasury)
- Knowledge of Basel III framework and financial products with financial control or risk management background is necessary
- Proven skills in investigating complex issues and discover root causes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently and present complex issues in an easy-to-understand manner to various types of audiences
- Experience with meeting critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment
- Strong individual performer who is keen to learn on their own
- CFA / FRM designations are an advantage
The Regulatory Capital Calculation & Internal Reporting team is responsible for preparing Capital and Risk Weighted Assets calculation according to standardized approach and other financial analysis for Morgan Stanley’s Business Units in a daily, weekly monthly and quarterly basis. The group liaises with Regulatory Reporting teams in London and Frankfurt as well as with other Finance teams globally.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modelling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.